What are the rules? Kids parties

It's a nightmare, isn't it? If your children get invited to 10 parties each during the year, it's a considerable outlay.

If it's a home based party, at least the value of the party bag they get when they leave, which parents seem to spend from £1-£5 on them.

If it's a party place, I think you're looking at at least £10? So as not to appear mean and freeloading! :)

I'm so glad I don't have little kids anymore.

I've got 3 boys, I think this is the first of many!

He's 5. OH has gone for a set of Ben 10 Walkie talkies for £8.99

I think that's great. Mind you I am surprised that people have said around £5 as that is what pressies used to cost 15+ years ago when my kids were little. Be warned the price rises the older the kids get.

I tend to base it on the kid. If it's some kid from school that mine never play with but they like to have a huge party with a full class invited, then I spend less than if it was a best friend or family member.

It also depends what the child is into and how well you shop around! I've bought a few pressies that are say £20 in Argos but i've found them on offer somewhere else for £10 :D.

Archived