Extreme or objectionable views. Express or suppress?

Express or suppress?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Express or suppress?

• Nothing should be left unsaid
    • Some things are not for saying

Murder, terrorism, state censorship, imprisonment.........?

Or freedom of speech?

My point was to Tony that FOS is important within the context of the question in the op. Tony indicated that the thread wasn't about FOS. How can you suppress something if you don't apply FOS?

"Extreme or objectionable views. Express or suppress?"

How do you suppress extreme or objectionable views?

I think Tony's method is to say the thread isn't the topic we thought it was and leave us all in confusion. :hihi:

I think Tony's method is to say the thread isn't the topic we thought it was and leave us all in confusion. :hihi:

Well it's got me a lil confused...and all hats off to Tony because it is actually an interesting thread/topic.

Personally I believe people should have the complete right to hold whatever views they wish and should be allowed to discuss them without fear of censorship.

Do you think junk mail should be controlled?

Personally I believe people should have the complete right to hold whatever views they wish and should be allowed to discuss them without fear of censorship.

But isn't that the whole point? When does a thought become dangerous?

I agree everyone has the right to free thought (how the heck would anyone be able to police that?) Once the thought becomes an action (view) then it becomes within the domain of the public and you lose all rights to that thought.

Archived