Extreme or objectionable views. Express or suppress?

Express or suppress?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Express or suppress?

• Nothing should be left unsaid
    • Some things are not for saying

What views could cause harm so that you would totally suppress them?

I think current laws are roughly where we should be on the subject of censorship.

Off to do something, but I think that gives a fairly reasonable idea of where I am coming from and limitations to free speech.

Libel, incitement to violence.

I think the laws are too strict in some areas. We should have more freedom to criticise our employers for example and better protection against whistleblowing.

What views could cause harm so that you would totally suppress them?

We're on the same wawelength here my friend, I too would like to get an answere to this one.

I fear the truth behind what's being expressed is some form of totalitarianism.

I think current laws are roughly where we should be on the subject of censorship.

Off to do something, but I think that gives a fairly reasonable idea of where I am coming from and limitations to free speech.

Libel, incitement to violence.

I think the laws are too strict in some areas. We should have more freedom to criticise our employers for example and better protection against whistleblowing.

I think that's a 'I've been caught with my pants down and I'm gona do a runner'.

Sorry I don't quite get that, what's false and how would it damage anyone.

What is false is that victims of rape don't suffer consequences depression suicide attempts etc.

The harm depression, suicides etc.

What is false is that victims of rape don't suffer consequences depression suicide attempts etc.

The harm depression, suicides etc.

No no, we arn't talking about the act of rape, we are talking about what someone says.

I'll ask the question again, HOW CAN SOMEONE HARM ANYONE BY EXPRESSING THEIR VIEW?

No no, we arn't talking about the act of rape, we are talking about what someone says.

I'll ask the question again, HOW CAN SOMEONE HARM ANYONE BY EXPRESSING THEIR VIEW?

Libel would be a simple example.

It's only because of the libel laws that paedophiles like you get away with your filthy crimes, you should be executed for the abuse and misery you repeatedly inflict on blameless innocents.

Its alright to go to war, you may hear incitement to violence in the army. The double standards are remarkable. I'm sure the whole country is being incited to hate the bnp. Its a stupid law.

This is an interesting point.

The fact that the BNP is able to express it's views results their views being condemned by the majority. They are not sanctioned.

They are free to express them. In short, they have been given enough rope to hang themselves, and hang they do. It is a wonderful expression of my own thoughts on censorship and how powerful no total censorship is. The more they express their noxious views the more rational we become as a society.

Archived