Are you voting for Sheffield Labour MP's to lose their seats?

Blunkett needs to go if any sort of message that they are fed up of Labour and Blair's legacy of war.

I don't know who would be the best person to vote for though, I would have thought Lib Dem but I haven't heard of hide nor hair of any Lib Dem promoting anything round here, never mind their own candidacy.

I certainly would not vote Tory.

Maybe the Greens ?

I agree, our lib dem, who we have heard from once, lives in York, the conservative, who has bombarded us with leaflets lives in the posh end of Sheffield, Ringinglow and is standing in Stocksbridge, and the Labour candidate, I think we may have had 2 leaflets, we in Chapeltown have been lumped with Stocksbridge, and Penistone, which now includes parts of Barnsley, makes me feel a bit of an outsider now.

I take it 'Phil' is someone of interest.

But back to the OP, I'm surprised that it looks like central is going to go to the libdems.

It is time however that labours 'old guard' stood down or were shot at dawn so to speak.

Their aganda since 1981 has proven to be unworkable, flawed, and counterproductive. They have been the main catalist in the city's demise and its long been time for them to go.

Im not sure its that suprising. A recent Lib Dem surge nationally combined with a high profile, well known local candidate who has experience of public office in Sheffield against a poor Labour campaign nationally with a candidate who many have never even heard of. The Lib Dem council seems to be popular right now (recycling farce aside) and Scriven should walk this election on the back of it.

Im not sure its that suprising. A recent Lib Dem surge nationally combined with a high profile, well known local candidate who has experience of public office in Sheffield against a poor Labour campaign nationally with a candidate who many have never even heard of. The Lib Dem council seems to be popular right now (recycling farce aside) and Scriven should walk this election on the back of it.

I'll concede all the above.

I'm voting Labour in Hallam to unseat that vacuous media tart Clegg. My god, if he gets anywhere near the seat of power we'll be having policy changes every few hours.

I'm voting Labour in Hallam to unseat that vacuous media tart Clegg. My god, if he gets anywhere near the seat of power we'll be having policy changes every few hours.

So you think conservatives are more suitable than libdems, that only goes to show how right wing the labour party truely is.

Surely you're voting Labour because you're a longtime party hack, not for any other reason? I'm :o

I wouldn't describe myself as a long time party hack more a supporter of the only party which puts people before profit. I grew up in a Tory household but realised from a very early age that there was no point in having a strong country & economy if its inhabitants didn't benefit.

Admittedly, I was a bit disillusioned with the party when clause 4 was altered, as it is my belief that people should benefit from their own labours, not just the owners and shareholders.

There are still many things in the party manifesto with which I can align myself while there are very few in the other main parties’. Should the opposite occur then I would seriously look at my reasons for belonging to the Labour Party. Unlike football supporters and their clubs, I am not a member for life.

So you think conservatives are more suitable than libdems, that only goes to show how right wing the labour party truely is.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can infer something from a simple statement. :loopy:

I wouldn't describe myself as a long time party hack more a supporter.

I don't think the word supporter and life long party member, activist and councilor are in any way compatable.

Tell me, why is it that labour party members keep posting this line of being 'supporters'?

Archived