Are you voting for Sheffield Labour MP's to lose their seats?

In Britain, you have two problems with your voting systems:

1/. It's not compulsory; so the "confused" and "can't be bothered" let the election be won by a party which may not have real majority support (what percentage of voters will turn out? 30%, 50%, or a record-breaking 70%?)

I'd prefer to live in a free country, many of the problems we have are because someone decided the state banning/enforcing everything they decide is wrong/right was a good way to go.

It does to me. Particularly for council elections. It should be law to live in the place you represent. How may Sheffield MPs don't even live in Yorkshire never mind the city itself?

Nick Clegg is the most obvious one.

The majority of people I've spoken to while campaigning in 4 different constituencies in Yorkshire.

Despite what the press tell you most people are terrified of the Tories getting back in.

Maybe they've told you that just so that you'll leave them alone. Or maybe they're scared that your party will introduce a tax on not voting for them, or possibly ban one of their pass times and so they don't want to upset you.

I live in Hillsorough, which means that my vote is worthless. I'm represented by a spiteful, authoritarian individual, whose first speech in Parliament after the Sheffield Flood was to ask the government for loans for flood victims - thus trying to load them with debt just after they'd lost everything.

As a national politician, said individual has been a cheerleader for ID cards, surveillance of the population and the database state.

I'm voting Lib Dem - sadly I suspect it will be in vain.

I live in Hillsorough, which means that my vote is worthless. I'm represented by a spiteful, authoritarian individual, whose first speech in Parliament after the Sheffield Flood was to ask the government for loans for flood victims - thus trying to load them with debt just after they'd lost everything.

As a national politician, said individual has been a cheerleader for ID cards, surveillance of the population and the database state.

I'm voting Lib Dem - sadly I suspect it will be in vain.

Dont think of it as if its in vain, a strong second place will be critically important for the Lib Dems in Hillsborough and even if it doesnt fall this time, with a second place (hopefully within 5%) there is a real chance it will fall at the next election.

Maybe they've told you that just so that you'll leave them alone. Or maybe they're scared that your party will introduce a tax on not voting for them, or possibly ban one of their pass times and so they don't want to upset you.

\

The proposed Masion tax will not effect any house in Sheffield as no house is worth over 2m. Ironically the most expensive house in Sheffield is Nick Clegg's own house but it is cunningly valued at just under 2m so he can avaoid his own tax.

He's no fool is he?

\

The proposed Masion tax will not effect any house in Sheffield as no house is worth over 2m. Ironically the most expensive house in Sheffield is Nick Clegg's own house but it is cunningly valued at just under 2m so he can avaoid his own tax.

He's no fool is he?

really ? can you point us to the valuation please ?

\

He's no fool is he?

Are you sure there are no houses worth >£2m in any of the Sheffield constituencies, I can't believe that?

Are you sure there are no houses worth >£2m in any of the Sheffield constituencies, I can't believe that?

Can't say I've ever seen one advertised in the property Telegraph at that price. And I've just had a look at Eadon Lockwood Riddle and Henry Spencer websites and there's nowt advertised for over £2m either.

Archived