Bruising after blood test

I had a blood test last week and you should see the huge bruise that has come up, I have had blood tests before and this has never happened before, anyone experienced this?

yes, i have. i've also has a test where there was almost no bruising

they are making a hole in a blood vessel, its not surprising it leaks a bit

Im not exagerating, the bruise is at least 10 centimetres across and looks like i've been in a fight or something. Its actually a vein not a vessel, if they damage a vessel you could bleed to death.

A vein is a blood vessel, you're thinking of an artery (which is also a blood vessel.)

Im not exagerating, the bruise is at least 10 centimetres across and looks like i've been in a fight or something. Its actually a vein not a vessel, if they damage a vessel you could bleed to death.

if you had a blood test last week and your still alive your unlikely to bleed to death now

A couple of times after giving blood I've had massive bruising. Once my arm looked like a giant barcode with the way the blood had drained and pooled. Other times it hardly left a pin prick.

It's probably a haematoma - an extensive bruising which happens after giving blood, if the needle goes into the vein and then out the other side..... :gag:

Blood leaks into the surrounding tissue and spreads across the area...

Nasty to look at, but not permanent!! It should disappear after a while!!!!

It's probably a haematoma - an extensive bruising which happens after giving blood, if the needle goes into the vein and then out the other side..... :gag:

Blood leaks into the surrounding tissue and spreads across the area...

Nasty to look at, but not permanent!! It should disappear after a while!!!!

Unless ipminipian syndrome sets in, which may cause the loss of a limb, but you should be ok.:roll:

Archived