Will you stay up all Thursday night/Friday morning?

Will stay up as long as possible. Have great memories of past election nights, but Portillo losing his seat was probably the best moment of all.

That was a completely blissful moment - I remember it well! It still brings a little tear of joy to my eyes.

I'm going to the count at ponds forge for a while to see whose down there.

I too will be at Ponds Forge for the count. But as soon as it is over, I'll be goingto bed - as I've got to back at midday on Friday for the city elections count.

Ordinarily, I go to a friend's house to watch the results coming in overnight. But I must grab some sleep this time round, so I'll have to wake up in the morning to discover the results of the general election.

Will stay up as long as possible. Have great memories of past election nights, but Portillo losing his seat was probably the best moment of all.

Chris Patten losing his seat in '92 was good as well!

I too will be at Ponds Forge for the count. But as soon as it is over, I'll be goingto bed - as I've got to back at midday on Friday for the city elections count.

Ordinarily, I go to a friend's house to watch the results coming in overnight. But I must grab some sleep this time round, so I'll have to wake up in the morning to discover the results of the general election.

although you are not standing, lets hope you have a miserable night!

nothing personal;)

This one will take some beating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO5MfoTLX3s

Drat!! It doesn't have my favourite shot - the one where she's looking through the car window with tears in her eyes. :rant:

It always gives me a warm glow to think that she finally got to feel at least some of the pain the miners, etc, felt when they were thrown out of their jobs because of her. Of course, she wasn't going off to live off the dole in a mining village, but at least she knew what it was like to be pushed out of your job when you can't understand what you've done to deserve it.

Archived