Any advice on digital cameras?

After a few drinks over bank holiday weekend my digital camera got dropped.

I have been to jessops in meadowhall where I got it from and it appears my camera is now dead.

Has anyone got any advise on a nice little, slim, cheap digital camera?

Dont want to pay a lot for in case this happens again!

Just a thought- but why not try and send it back to the manufacturers.

They may repair it or not, and you won't have lost anything by trying...

My step-mum had a problem with her Samsung camera, years after purchase, she sent it back & they repaired it free of charge!

They want £25 to send it off and if it is £100 to repair it they will deduct this from the bill but if it can not be repaired it will be a waste of £25 I could put toward another camera!

Good thought though, thank you.

i think you should go for Fujifilm Finepix Z33WP Digital Camera

It has 10MP, 3x Optical Zoom,the battery life is very good

It takes exellent quality pictures

It is also easy to connect to pc and easy to get used to .

It depends what you use it for (ie, movies etc) and whether you want it to fit into your top pocket. I've had several and I prefer the models which have the little dial mode selector on top, this saves fiddling with the screen menu system every time I want to change mode. However, I believe some of the latest models have touch screen selection, but ensure the screen brightness is suitable for outdoors in bright sunlight and as this is a serious failing in most cameras, mine always have a normal viewfinder (many omit this due to cost).

There's loads on Ebay, I had a Casio QV -R61, an excellent camera (although no dial Selector), a friend has had all sorts of expensive cameras and he prefers this one for his work on Ebay; one was sold recently for £25 complete.

After a few drinks over bank holiday weekend my digital camera got dropped.

I have been to jessops in meadowhall where I got it from and it appears my camera is now dead.

Has anyone got any advise on a nice little, slim, cheap digital camera?

Dont want to pay a lot for in case this happens again!

my son got a secound hand LG kc 510 mobile with a8 meger pixel camara its the best digitel ive ever had an it only cost 30 quid

I use a Panasonic lumix fs-15, it is a top camera check it out, costs around £100, it comes with intelligent auto so you never get a bad shot, amazing, I also bought my wife one because she is the point and shoot kind of photographer, it also has a 29mm lens which is amazingly wide, you'll be amazed at what you can get in the picture. At 12mega pixels and small enough to fit in your pocket, quality..... err and no I don't work for panasonic.

Hope this helps

Steve

Archived