Life - the eternal word

I would feel a thread coming on, to ask at what age [or which events trigger] people start to have some kind of real recognition to their own actions and thoughts, and how these relate to others,
It can take some of us a lifetime :D I'm only just coming to terms with the fact that I (always the victim, btw!) have mostly been the author of my own misfortunes. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got, to coin a phrase.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got, to coin a phrase.

putting it another way ... if you want to become a butterfly, you must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.

had a bad day at depression management today, had a bad few days, wish this thing wud shift i feel so awful, so alone and so ****** off

thank u all for ur kind words and advice, its touching reading some of the posts and i agree with lots of whats said

OK.

I can't say that I can really truly feel or imagine what you're going through, but here's a thought which may help.

As well as managing the depression - trying to minimise those feelings that are getting you down, devote some time to your happiness management.

What are the things that will make you feel better? What will put a smile on your face, if only briefly? Imagine a time when the cloud of depression has evaporated and you're feeling energised, enthused, connected with the world and ready to enjoy life. It can take time to make that transition, but introducing future positive possibilities into your thinking, rather than just minimising present problems can't do any harm, can it?

"Managing depression" sounds like a full time job with few rewards. Being a Happiness Manager has got to produce better results, even if you're not a very good one!

Just a thought ... there may be hundreds of other ways to escape these feelings,

[reminders to self: "A talent for happiness is like a talent for music or dance.

It's as much a practical skill as a behavioural trait."

"When you think you've tried everything, remember this: You haven't"]

Archived