'None of the Above'

If there were an option on this Thursday's ballot paper saying 'none of the above' would you tick it. I would. I don't have any respect for any of the candidates and quite frankly there is no reason why the electorate should take them seriously.

If there were an option on this Thursday's ballot paper saying 'none of the above' would you tick it. I would. I don't have any respect for any of the candidates and quite frankly there is no reason why the electorate should take them seriously.

Yep, especially if Richard Prior was leader! :hihi:

I would prefer it say none of the above are suitable,

or, I don't trust any of the above.

I would. I mentioned this before, I'm thinking of starting a petition about it after the election (when the number10 site reopens).

If 'none of the above' wins, it'd force a re-election with new candidates.

I would. I mentioned this before, I'm thinking of starting a petition about it after the election (when the number10 site reopens).

If 'none of the above' wins, it'd force a re-election with new candidates.

Would it,I would think it would carry on as we are now.Working on the assumption that bad government is better than none at all.

Would it,I would think it would carry on as we are now.

I take it to mean that his petition would demand such an event; an option for the public to vote "None of the above," and a mandatory new election if that option scores most votes, with no candidate allowed to stand again.

I'm not sure that it is a viable idea. What happens if no MPs are returned for six months at a time - who actually runs the country in their absence?

If there were an option on this Thursday's ballot paper saying 'none of the above' would you tick it.

Yes.

The closest thing to that option that we have is to spoil your ballot paper. These still have to be included in the final tally.

Archived