Look at my photos of Kelvin Flats!

pete_fcs

hey, duffman, i still have DREAMS about them!

in fact i'm not the only ex-tenant who has a recurring dream that they are still there, and i walk back and there is everyone standing on the landings watching the world go by, just like in the olden days....:(

i once even dreampt that the whole block was on wheels and touring the country!

hey lets have a "dreams of kelvin flats" thread:hihi:

Originally posted by eighty4

Brings back good memories, my grandad was a porter on there, he had a little garage under the flats where he kept a little car which he used to drive down the landings to clean them, does anyone remember them aswell ?

was he the tall man with short grey hair, glasses and moustache? there was also a short woman with long curly brown hair. she had her photo in a council newsletter cleaning the new internalised landing at 1-53 kelvin walk, but can't post it on net due to copyright!

Wonderful pictures. Never really seen any photos other than from far away. They seemed completely normal when I used to see them often, but looking back now, weren't they bloody massive. So imposing.

The shot down the terraced street in Upperthorpe, looking up at the flats towering above everything in the distance just shows how dominant they were.

Originally posted by pete_fcs

was he the tall man with short grey hair, glasses and moustache? there was also a short woman with long curly brown hair. she had her photo in a council newsletter cleaning the new internalised landing at 1-53 kelvin walk, but can't post it on net due to copyright!

That sounds like my grandad alright bloody hell small world ! can you remember his name ? frank ? ring any bells

Originally posted by andy4107

Great pictures!

I'm too young to really remember the flats, but from what I can remember, they wasn't such an eye-sore as the Park Hill flats. Maybe they should have been the ones they demolished...

that's true, i lived at park hill too and they weren't as good as kelvin.

Archived