Where can i buy a tape measure??

im not being funny but i didnt ask for advice telling me i wont be able to judge my stopping distance and that i just want to measure it correctly so i know im going to be alright when i take my test why waste mine and your time judging me on things such as that i asked where can i buy a tape measure I didNT ask how to judge stopping distances and other stuff so if your not going to reply to my initial question please dont post on my thread.

im not being funny but i didnt ask for advice telling me i wont be able to judge my stopping distance and that i just want to measure it correctly so i know im going to be alright when i take my test why waste mine and your time judging me on things such as that i asked where can i buy a tape measure I didNT ask how to judge stopping distances and other stuff so if your not going to reply to my initial question please dont post on my thread.

They don't measure it out on the test. You might have to read a numnerplate at 25 metres for the test.

Go to an optician. They can simulate a numberplate at 20metres, and fix you up with some spectaculars if you can't read it.

And calm down. If you get wound up that easily, I don't want you driving on the same roads as me - but if you do, remember to always thank people who help you out by being considerate drivers. If we all did that driving would be much more fun.

why don't you do what i did on my test when i was asked to read the number plate on my test.

i got out of the car went up to it and came back and told him hey presto i passed, or failing that take some binoculars with you on your test :thumbsup:

I take it you know it's ok to wear your glasses when doing this test, then just pace out 20 steps and add a bit until you can't see the plate anymore.

Like someone has said the examiner is not that worried about the distance as they only guess it.

<<<why waste mine and your time>>>

I don't think any of us, a rule, have a problem with wasting our time answering questions like this, Don't meter out angry answers back to us. I yardly think we are being unhelpful.

The point i was making is none of you have the right to tell me i wont be able to judge stopping distances without knowing my individual situation.

As i said the reason i wanted to do it accurately is so that I know i will stand a chance when the tester guesses the distance of the number plate as some of you have said.

It is my thread i started the thread so that makes it my thread end of.

Also its not that i get wound up easily its just my eyes have affected my life for a long time so for people to judge my vision capablities does wind me up.

Archived