Brown deliberately losing the election?

First we had bigot gate , then he brought back tory bliar, now he doesn't want labour voters to vote tactically. I always knew nulabour were tory i.e. p.f.i. , privatisation ignoring the unfortunate in society and mass immigration to keep wages down hence more profits for the rich. Has gordon brown done more for the conservative cause this election than cameron could have done himself?

First we had bigot gate , then he brought back tory bliar, now he doesn't want labour voters to vote tactically. I always knew nulabour were tory i.e. p.f.i. , privatisation ignoring the unfortunate in society and mass immigration to keep wages down hence more profits for the rich. Has gordon brown done more for the conservative cause this election than cameron could have done himself?

Probably. But they do say that governments lose election, oppositions don't win them. So I think that is quite usual.

Government lose elections, they rarely win one.

Are you ever going to fix that signature of yours? Thats not the Guns n' Roses lyrics for Civil War.

Interesting point. I don't think the collective idiots in Labour's cabinet have the brains to think up such a medium-term plan, but Eddie George did say last week that winning this election is a 'poisoned chalice' and that an incoming Govt. would have to make such unpopular decisions to sort out Brown's mess that the electorate (or at least those too thick to recognise what Brown has done) would vote them out after just one term - never to return for a generation.

Surely this isn't what Labour have been up to? Nah, even they wouldn't think of manipulating the electoral system in this way...

It's as preposterous a theory as them inviting millions of immigrants (traditionally first-time Labour voters) into the country, creating a postal ballot which the European Commission said would lead to 'widespread corruption', changing the electoral boundaries to favour themselves and creating a 6-million strong army of useless Labour drones a.k.a. the Public Sector.

No. Could never happen...

...but Eddie George did say last week that winning this election is a 'poisoned chalice' and that an incoming Govt. would have to make such unpopular decisions to sort out Brown's mess that the electorate (or at least those too thick to recognise what Brown has done) would vote them out after just one term - never to return for a generation.

We haven't had a PM willing to bite the bullet and take that risk since Thatcher - but in her case, it paid off. The economy was so strong by the time four years were up that she won in a landslide, with the Labour party riven in two.

Tony Blair has earned around £20 million since standing down as PM. That is about 20 times as much as he earned for actually being PM. The point is had he not been PM he wouldn't have earned the £20 mil, but could only start coining it once he stopped.

Moral of story.. Become Prime Minister to get the fame, but get out to get the gelt.

definitely no. Politicians always want to win.

they said the same in 1992. That it would be a good one to lose. But anyone that saw them jumping with joy at Conservative Central Office when they pulled off that surprise win knew straight away that the 'this would be a good one to lose' was total nonsense.

after Black Wednesday the Tories probably did wish they'd lost the 1992 election, but not before.

We haven't had a PM willing to bite the bullet and take that risk since Thatcher - but in her case, it paid off. The economy was so strong by the time four years were up that she won in a landslide, with the Labour party riven in two.

the economy hadn't really recovered by June 1983. Why she won was because of the split opposition, plus the 'Falklands factor', not because of the economy.

everyone forgets that Thatcher polled 700,000 LESS votes in 1983 than she did in 1979 - but because the opposition was split, she won 60 more seats.

Archived