Mountain Biking - anyone interested?

Top ride last night, apart form the midges on holiday from Scotland. Forgot the Avon Skin so Soft - DOH. The track down from Hope Cross to the Snake Hayridge Farm was awesome in the dark, although it felt less 'full on' than during the day. Perhaps not taken at the same pace though.

Don't worry, the guys from the W Mids come up this way for the riding, not visa versa!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by spinac

JJ ...

I'm keen to be as inclusive as possible and have suggested an age range of 21-49 for the group.

Hopefully there'll be opportunities for those who want to try something more difficult to do that without splitting from the group. When I've been skiing the big boys can cut corners and meet up with those who have taken the track further down. As I haven't explored Wharncliffe yet i don't know if this will be possible.

That is definitely possible in wharncliffe. Theres a particular bank where all the "gnarly" downhill is, you can do these, or you can scoot round the nice fire road and meet up at the bottom.

Tim

I'll definitely be there - may have someone else coming along with a hybrid. I guess there'll be a range of abilities on this first outing - but we can tailor our own rides to suit ourselves and still keep the group together.

To confirm meeting place - car park in Wharncliffe Woods on left as you leave Grenoside on Main Street (about a quarter of a mile into the woods). http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=433250&y=394250&z=2&sv=433250,394250&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

See you Sat! :bigsmile:

trax mountain bike club

allways welcomes new people along on rides

we have trips away and rides in the local area if u would like to join us for fun and excitment phone or text gareth on 07731858429. there is a ride from the park at hunters bar roundabout at 10 30 10 september. look for six foot guy on a whyte 46 its me.

Archived