Mountain Biking - anyone interested?

hows about 10:30 as a start time - did a great route out from graves park, through totley, down to barlow, back to eyam via frogatt edge the other week. would like that one again though i was`nt leading so am not totally confident of the route. have maps though.....could be a good one to try!

open to suggestions.....

Sounds OK. Not really ridden that side of the Peaks. Tend to ride the dark peak more often. If weather is 'fair', I'm taking some neighbours out for a gentle ride, but if it's a bit gnarly I'll be up for it. Will keep an eye on this thread. Where abouts at Graves Park will you be setting out from?

• 2 weeks later...

I see there are a fair few MTB'rs on here and so thought I would just tag a little note to this post.

Some of you may ride at Wharncliffe woods, well there are new and exciting developments stirring up under the Crags.

Over the last few months The FC has been liaising with a local group of riders who have formed the Wharncliffe Riders Collective (WRC). The FC along with WRC and input from no other than Sheffield’s own MTB Legend Steve Peat, have developed a plan for a new sustainable 10k all year round XC route. Initialially 3 kms of the trail are to be built which had the go ahead last week from the local forester.

The WRC will also be developing the nationally famous Down Hill trails that are the main draw of Wharncliffe, this will include new signage to find tracks, additional technical features and new high speed berms at the end of each route to segregate MTB's from other users of the trans pennine trail.

The WRC are keen to get everyone and anyone involved in Sheffield’s premier MTB location, over the next few weeks "Dig Days" will be arrange where anyone is welcome to come along, grab a spade and help develop the trails.

At the moment the WRC are centered around the Gravity Slaves website at http://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk pop into the Wharncliffe forum to join the WRC.

cheers and happy riding

Simon.

http://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=10.0

• 1 month later...

HI Billy the cat

I am a keen biker! i would be interested in a ride sometime (hehe !!) just realised how that sounded ! anyway.... Where do u like goin bikin i like derbyshire... hathersage n eyam. when r u free weekends n stuff? how old are you? Im 26 female, brunette, up 4 good laugh n maybe a quick pint after a long day bikin'!! pm me ;)

CALLLING ALL RIDERS!!!!

do me a fav. some little scally broke into my mates house and stole my bike.

http://www.paulsharpe.co.uk/dharris/bike.jpg

It is a DMR Switchback with the following spec

DMR Switchback

Marzocchi Z1 Drop offs

Shimano XT Hubs

Shimano Deore Disk brakes

Raceface Prodigy cranks

Shimano LX 9speed shifter

Raceface bashring

Cane creak headset

Shimano XT Rear mech

WTB saddle

Easton EA50 bars

Michellin comps 2.5

Mavic rims (721)

Truvativ pedals

Truvativ DH bottom bracket

Yetti lock on grips

DMR speedguide

Sram PC59 chain

WTB Greaseguard heatset

If you see anything, please call me on 07834237990, or preferably take a baseball bat to his head ;)

Archived