Am i allowed to go overdrawn?

Ok so I'm 17 years old and i'm in full time education at a college here in sheffield. I have a bank account with Natwest that I have had for a while now. I am unemployed as I am a student so I have no income at all except my EMA which doesn't help much really.

The bank got my D.o.B wrong which I found out quite recently so I had to change it, I had to change it to 1992 from 1990.

When i first hit 16 years old I started being able to go overdrawn and obviously, I was still at school, how could I manage that? I'm presuming that when I hit 16 really, (from what they knew) I was 18 years old and that's why I went overdrawn from then on.

I have paid numerous overdrawal charges adding upto about £70 but is this allowed as I have no income? All charges I receive are having to be paid by my mum to bail me out.

Help please?

Kurt.

you are legally not allowed to be charged for being overdrawn but you can go overdrawn if that makes sence, if they have charged you they legally have to give it u bk, this happened to my son last year he went overdrawn with tsb and they charged him, we went in and pointed out what had happened and they gave him the money bk straight away, he was only overdrawn by £3 when they charged him

Ok so I'm 17 years old and i'm in full time education at a college here in sheffield. I have a bank account with Natwest that I have had for a while now. I am unemployed as I am a student so I have no income at all except my EMA which doesn't help much really.

The bank got my D.o.B wrong which I found out quite recently so I had to change it, I had to change it to 1992 from 1990.

When i first hit 16 years old I started being able to go overdrawn and obviously, I was still at school, how could I manage that? I'm presuming that when I hit 16 really, (from what they knew) I was 18 years old and that's why I went overdrawn from then on.

I have paid numerous overdrawal charges adding upto about £70 but is this allowed as I have no income? All charges I receive are having to be paid by my mum to bail me out.

Help please?

Kurt.

dont us it then you wont get charged

Thanks for the replies :)

I will make sure i'm in the mood for an arguement tomorrow if I need to :hihi:

Why do you need to be in the mood for an argument? You can't blame the person you see for you not realising you were spending money you didn't have with an overdraft that you only got because you (or your mum) allowed the account to be set up with the wrong DOB. :loopy:

Archived