What's the largest item you can carry on a roof rack?

A wardrobe? A chest of drawers? I really have no clue on the subject...

Depends on the size of the car, and the size/weight of the item(s) being transported.

The owners manual would be the best place to look:thumbsup:.

Depends on the size of the car, and the size/weight of the item(s) being transported.

The owners manual would be the best place to look:thumbsup:.

It is a Suzuki Wagon and the manual is sooooo long dude, I've had a glance through it but that's about it. :(

A wardrobe? A chest of drawers? I really have no clue on the subject...

Also, are some roof rack ties better than others? Are there any cheapo one's I should stay away from that might snap :o?

It is very obvious that you are considering transporting something really stupid , probably dangerous and almost certainly illegal on your roof rack. COME ON........SPIT IT OUT....TELL US WHAT IT IS!:roll:

It is very obvious that you are considering transporting something really stupid , probably dangerous and almost certainly illegal on your roof rack. COME ON........SPIT IT OUT....TELL US WHAT IT IS!:roll:

Hey I'm just scouting so I can make my roof rack useful... honest.

Not that I'd tell you what it was anyway :D

It is a Suzuki Wagon and the manual is sooooo long dude, I've had a glance through it but that's about it. :(

I doubt whether anyone will be able to give you a definitive answer then, as all vehicle have different weight (laden & unladen) weights.

Whatever you decide, make sure the load is secure and not overhanging etc.

There should be a section in the owners manual (not workshop manual) that contains all the weight restrictions for the vehicle:thumbsup:

Archived