So Labour have blown it!

It's the Tories that have blown it. If Labour are so bad this election should be done and dusted. As it stands the Tories probably won't win a majority. So what is wrong with Cameron? What is wrong with the Tories?

This present government has fallen from hurdle to hurdle clearing not a single one in the process. It's starting to become funny with all the bnp slurs being aimed at people....rather than realize this countries attitude has finally shifted away from labour you just look for another excuse to accuse people of siding with the bnp.

I will not be voting labour, nor will any member of my family...the very least you can do is send a strong message to brown to clean up his act and that of his party, or come next election there might not be enough britain left to vote for.

It's the Tories that have blown it. If Labour are so bad this election should be done and dusted. As it stands the Tories probably won't win a majority. So what is wrong with Cameron? What is wrong with the Tories?

I suspect a lot of people are afraid of what he'll do to sort the economy, - not just the weekly-waged but salaried staffs too.

He has 'You're fired !' written all over him and public sector workers know they will be his target.

I suspect a lot of people are afraid of what he'll do to sort the economy, - not just the weekly-waged but salaried staffs too.

He has 'You're fired !' written all over him and public sector workers know they will be his target.

I don't think it's that necessarily. We all know the cuts will be savage whatever party/parties take control. I think the problem is how they will be made. Will the cuts be reasoned, well thought out, done in a way where certain departments or regions won't be disproportionately affected? I don't think that is the case with the Tories. They will cut for the sake of cutting. The cuts will be driven as much by an ideological longing for the small state as they will be driven by a genuine need to cut.

I think a lot of the people using their vote as a vote of protest against Labour will, if the Tories gain control, find themselves affected in ways they cannot yet imagine. And it will be unfair. And while they sit there wondering why on earth they voted the way they did the Tories (the higher levels of the party multi-millionaires almost to a man) will be lining their own pockets and those of their friends.

I don't think it's that necessarily. We all know the cuts will be savage whatever party/parties take control. I think the problem is how they will be made. Will the cuts be reasoned, well thought out, done in a way where certain departments or regions won't be disproportionately affected?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! No, as you say, of course they won't. I love the new expression "efficiency savings". Apparently the Tories have identified £6bn of efficiency savings. I suppose there are some deluded folk out there who think Cameron and co. have looked closely at spending in various public services and identified £6bn of spending which we can all easily do without. Bless 'em. What's really happened of course is that the Tories have decided to cut £6bn from some services, whether or not they're needed.

And anyone who thinks front line services won't be cut can wake up too. Here's how it will work: central government just give public services £6bn less than last year and leave it to them to work out where the cuts fall. Managers in those services decide which jobs go, which funnily enough won't be their own, so front line service delivery staff get axed. Government says they've found £6bn of 'efficiency savings'. The rest of us try to get used to the sight of mentally ill people wondering around barking in litter bins before bedding down for the night in shop doorways, and kids get taught in classes of 40 pupils +

it ain't over for anybody until the Fat Lady sings, or in this case, stops singing, at 10pm tomorrow night.

and that will be when the opera starts.

The only real certainty is that the Lib Dems won't be the largest party come Friday morning.

Whether we see a Conservative PM or Labour PM is still very much up in the air,and we may not even know that for several days later.

I can imagine if the Conservatives don't get a majority then Labour will be frantically holding talks with the other minor parties to try to bash out a deal, and all the while the Conservatives will be appearing on the media claiming that they have the real right to govern since they won the largest number of seats.

So yep the election result could well drag on until next week, so the fat lady may well be singing for much longer than anticipated.

Archived