So Labour have blown it!

I understand the protocol very well, but I am not really sure that Brown will have much say in the matter. .

But that was my argument, even if Cameron gets the number of seats you predict and that is able to get a working majority via a coalition/deal, he will STILL have to wait for what Brown has decided, so again I'm not saying Brown could remain in power, but Brown will definitely have a say as to what happens next, in the event of a hung parliament.

I understand the protocol very well, but I am not really sure that Brown will have much say in the matter. The polls were predicting 310 seats for the Tories, and as has been seen in the past generally underestimate the Tory vote by a few percent.

The Tories only need 314 seats to guarantee a working majority, in which case the Libdems will need to get on board very quickly if they want any part of the pie on offer. A deal with any of the small parties would be possible for Cameron. Brown would need to recruit the whole lot to hang on to power. If he tries to cling on with a minority, he will be out on a vote of confidence in a fortnight looking an even bigger loser than he will if he packs his bags straight away.

Hmm, if Brown goes and super-glues himself to the No 10 door handle it's tempting to imagine a poostorm of unimaginable proportions that will consign Labour to the dustbin for even longer than even Ed' Balls can imagine. They will have to live with the Brown Burden for longer still.

I'm not convinced that Brown will have any part in the decision - it will be made for him by agents unknown. Time will tell.

I agree with Kingmaker, we can't afford to go back to the days of 15% inflation, negative equity on houses, 4 million unemployed that we enjoyed under the last lot of Tories, and the sooner people remember what it was like, the sooner they'll vote Labour to continue the good work of low inflation, a stable economy, and no return to slave wages of £1.20 per hour thanks to the commitment to continue with the minimum wage!
Thank god we are still able to keep borrowing to support it all!

TORIES ARE LOWER THAN SNAKES BELLIES, the Lib Dems appeal to kids, students and general numptys as they have no policies of their own. That only leaves Labour, they are the best of a bad lot.

What a truly concise posting. What a pity I had already voted before I read it.

I understand the protocol very well, but I am not really sure that Brown will have much say in the matter. The polls were predicting 310 seats for the Tories, and as has been seen in the past generally underestimate the Tory vote by a few percent.

The Tories only need 314 seats to guarantee a working majority, in which case the Libdems will need to get on board very quickly if they want any part of the pie on offer. A deal with any of the small parties would be possible for Cameron. Brown would need to recruit the whole lot to hang on to power. If he tries to cling on with a minority, he will be out on a vote of confidence in a fortnight looking an even bigger loser than he will if he packs his bags straight away.

The UUP support the conservatives already, so thats another 10 ish seats to back any Tory government.

Archived