So Labour have blown it!

Secret deals....where have I heard that before.....oh yeah, blair and brown

Who said anything about secret deals. It was all headline news. You just need to read the papers or listen to the BBC.

What a big pile of toe nail clippings. If no party has an overall majority, as soon as the counting is finished both Brown and Cameron will be dashing around trying to do deals. It isn't up to Brown at all, and it certainly isn't necessary for Cameron to wait until Brown has failed to put together a coalition before he tries to put his own together.

If Cameron has another party's support, it isn't there for Brown. So effectively the first to get together 325 supporting MPs is Prime Minister.

Uptowngirl, You are of course wrong.

The incumbent PM Brown will STILL be PM if there is a hung parliament regardless of whether Cameron has formed a coalition with anyone else.

As incumbent PM Brown will be the FIRST to be allowed to form a government,that doesn't mean he will though, but Brown will first need to go to the Queen and resign and then recommend to the Queen who would be able to form a government.

What a big pile of toe nail clippings. If no party has an overall majority, as soon as the counting is finished both Brown and Cameron will be dashing around trying to do deals. It isn't up to Brown at all, and it certainly isn't necessary for Cameron to wait until Brown has failed to put together a coalition before he tries to put his own together.

If Cameron has another party's support, it isn't there for Brown. So effectively the first to get together 325 supporting MPs is Prime Minister.

cameron can try and put some sort of government together but he needs to wait until brown has failed to do so before he gets his chance.

the incumbent always gets first go

Technically you are correct. Practically you have lots to learn about politics. Such a fragile government would never be allowed to survive for very long in England, it never has been.

I don't think I have anything to learn from you.

Technically you are correct. Practically you have lots to learn about politics. Such a fragile government would never be allowed to survive for very long in England, it never has been.

I don't think I have anything to learn from you.

It is true. I do not know everything as I am not young enough to.:D

Uptowngirl, You are of course wrong.

The incumbent PM Brown will STILL be PM if there is a hung parliament regardless of whether Cameron has formed a coalition with anyone else.

As incumbent PM Brown will be the FIRST to be allowed to form a government,that doesn't mean he will though, but Brown will first need to go to the Queen and resign and then recommend to the Queen who would be able to form a government.

Kingmaker2, you are of course wrong. (as usual) You just assume you know everything when quite obviously you don't.

its very rare we've been in that position and as far as I know this is probably the first time the population has wanted a balanced parliament.

if we do end up with a balanced parliament then some sort of coalition especially if it was a broad coalition may be able to maintain enough support in the population to allow them to carry out the difficult decisions that need to be taken

the success or failure of a coalition depends on whether the mp's act like adults or act like 8 yr olds playing wet towel tag in their public school dormitory

cameron can try and put some sort of government together but he needs to wait until brown has failed to do so before he gets his chance.

the incumbent always gets first go

Odd then that Cameron already has the Unionists in his pocket. Obviously no one told him about your rules.

Technically Uptown girl is actually wrong.

Archived