Raw dog food, Is anyone else here feeding the same ??

Takara didn't do well on the raw diet at all so we are on kibble here. That's not to say I don't appreciate what the raw diet can do, it just didn't suit us.

Puppy has to be on a special diet so no good there either and Eddy can't eat anything too tough so he's on Nature Diet with a few James Wellbeloved biscuits which suits him great.

I've tried nearly all the best brands of dog food but one of mine has really bad poops on anything but Nature Diet Chicken.

He can eat (loves) cooked chicken as well, but it's costly, I might nip down to this store on holme lane, what size are the 50p Portions?

My other dog can eat pretty much anything with no issues, so she'll be happy :)

I've tried nearly all the best brands of dog food but one of mine has really bad poops on anything but Nature Diet Chicken.

He can eat (loves) cooked chicken as well, but it's costly, I might nip down to this store on holme lane, what size are the 50p Portions?

My other dog can eat pretty much anything with no issues, so she'll be happy :)

I think they are actually between 45p and 50p per portion but i buy in boxes of 20 which is around £9.00 (I think) the portion sizes are 500g ea.....they also sell the chicken wings and turkey necks, all frozen....the store is located on a row of small industrial units in the car park behind towsure....If you enter towsure car park then head for the far right corner it leads into another car park and you will find quite easy from there.....there is a metal gate with a sign above it and this is the entrance (inbetween helliwell joinery and a mirror manufacturer) hope this helps :D

Thanks Evei going to discuss with hubby the possibility of doing this with Ghostie.

The dodgy stomach part is annoying but if you stick with it and don't mix in the old food it clears up quickly. Most dogs I know that have changed and persevered are doing great on raw, a few like me had the dodgy stomach stage and came home to a mess a few times in the first week but then it sorts itself out so it is maybe a good idea to start when you are home a lot. This is when people give up as they feel the diet does not suit the dog and seems to never be mentioned on any of the raw food websites.

mine love raw eggs shell and all. The first time they have them is really funny - Luna had it outside and played with it for a while before it cracked and she realised it was food. She loves them now and Gruffler too.

Helenasq on here thinks I'm bonkers for feeding D raw eggs, she came round to feed D and I think she thought I'd put it in his dinner bowl as a joke :hihi:

Molly didn't have a dodgy stomach when starting on raw food at all- in fact it was the other way round. She had persistent diarrhoea with other food which is why we tried the raw meat and she took to it like a duck to water and her diarrhoea stopped the very first day she started on it.

Well a big thank you to all on here, Zeus has just had his first barf meal - 3 chicken wings and 2 drumsticks - the lot has gone down without stopping! Everything we've tried him with so far just hasnt gone down, hes nibbled then left it but hes eaten the lot, had a big slurp of water and is snuggled up with me on the sofa under the duvet watching tv :hihi: So thankyou!

But... just to check, how much would you recommend giving him? Ive bought some liver/heart - just not sure how much he should have, 1 heart, 3wings? 2 handfuls? Thats the bit im now confused on :lol: x