Raw dog food, Is anyone else here feeding the same ??

500g a day roughly to start with. (Go for about 2.5% of the overall body weight) Then adjust to how he looks and feels depending on how active he is.

D has about 650g a day + scraps and weighs about 31Kg but he is getting a little chubby so I need to cut it down a little (I will cut down the scraps, as that is what is putting the weight on!)

PS. puppies can have up to 10% of body weight!

Edited by Evei

Molly weighs about 33kg and she has half a pound of minced meat and a little scoop of mixer for her main meal and half a dozen chicken wings or half a turkey neck for her breakfast.

Other than that all she has is a dental chew at night, as much of a chew of a rawhide ring as she wants and maybe a couple of dozen teeny bits of treat (thumbnail sized) a day and she maintains her weight perfectly happily on that.

eeek, that is heavy! About 7 1/2 stone! What breed is he? Something very large or an American bull type?

It would work out at about 1250g of chicken carcass a day. Then again large dogs tend to be less active so you might get away with 2% of body weight (they estimate around 2-3% of adult body wieght) so you might get away with 1Kg. If you work on the rule that raw costs about 50p for 500g so a £1 a day for feed.

Edited by Evei

Omg lol, I forget how much 'real' dogs weigh!

Ruby is 4kg and grown up. Iggy is 7kg at 7 months old and we think he is huge now! :lol:

it's costing over £2a day on nature diet plus cooked chickens etc, which I probably shouldn't complain about compared to some.

He's a Northern Inuit Evei, the white one in my avatar piccy lol. Thanks for the info

Very nice :) I don't think I have ever seen one for real :hihi: I guess they are bigger than a GS and more sturdy than a husky?