2010 General Election megathread

I'm still here! I can't find the Heeley result online though, was that an ITV prediction that hasn't been announced yet?

That's the one I'm waiting for. Last year the BNP and Greens both had a 3.9% share of the vote.

The only Sheffield one I can find is Sheffield South East (Labour hold)

Me too. I will be interested to learn what the turnouts have been. I imagine in Sheffield the queues were so huge from a 'keep the Tories out' surge. There were a lot of people who appeared to be giving the Conservatives a chance, which probably triggered a counter-offensive of people determined to keep them out.

is it just me that finds it surprising that nearly 25% of the overall vote only gets the lib dems 39 seats? How does that work? Our voting system is pretty rubbsh I think...sorry if I seem naive here! Still young enough to be idealistic.

Me too. I will be interested to learn what the turnouts have been. I imagine in Sheffield the queues were so huge from a 'keep the Tories out' surge. There were a lot of people who appeared to be giving the Conservatives a chance, which probably triggered a counter-offensive of people determined to keep them out.

I think you're right. Its the first time ever, in 20 years of voting, that I've been in a polling station that was busy! I'm waiting for Sheffield Central as I'd predicted a LibDem gain but now with the evidence of the LibDem's national performance tonight I think Labour will keep it

Archived