2010 General Election megathread

It may well be the way it has always been done, but it still just doesn't seem quite right somehow. I would have thought that a more proportional system of representation and an elected house of lords would just be a lot fairer, and more democratic really

But what's your argument on tonight's showing:?:

The Conservatives have come first in seats and votes

Labour second in terms of seats and votes

and Lib Dems third in terms of votes and seats.

Whether Cameron or Labour forms a government we won't know for some time yet.

But what's your argument on tonight's showing?

The Conservatives have come first in seats and votes

Labour second in terms of seats and votes

and Lib Dems third in terms of votes.

Whether Cameron or Labour forms a government we won't know for some time yet.

I am just saying, I would have thought it would be better for everyone generally if the amount of votes cast per party was represented in the makeup of seats allocated. Clearly whoever got the most votes should get the most seats, but I do think the overall makeup should be representative of the votes cast.

The U.K. seems to be staggering from crisis to crisis. If, as looks likely at the moment, there 's no overall winner, the financial markets will react badly and make Britain 's economic mess, even messier ! [ " This way, folks, for the ' Greek ' experience. " ].

So, whenever, [or if ever ! ], Messrs. Brown, Clegg and the Cameroon might cobble together some kind of workable government, that government will have a tough job ahead of them........or to be more accurate, the British people will have a tough time ahead of them !

I wonder how long it will take for one or our mealy-mouthed leaders to come out with the truth----we 're effectively skint, we 've messed up the financial structure of the U.K. .....and we 're gonna have to pay for it.

I guess it 'll take a very long time before any of our Wise Men admit that THEY were somehow responsible, together with a large number of Brits who were childishly greedy or completely irresponsible.

Well, all the best, Brittania.....economically speaking, it 's 1940, all over again.....or 1929 ??

I am just saying, I would have thought it would be better for everyone generally if the amount of votes cast per party was represented in the makeup of seats allocated. Clearly whoever got the most votes should get the most seats, but I do think the overall makeup should be representative of the votes cast.

Perhaps, but that is just how the demographic of the population lies.

If we had a "fairer" voting system that more represented voting share, then it still wouldn't change the fact that the Lib Dems would still be third tonight.

Archived