2010 General Election megathread

Hodge holds Barking and Dagenham.

Griffin routed:hihi:

Maybe I'm over sentimental, but I liked that the Conservative candidate gave Hodge a big hug when her vote was announced. I was suprised that Carman for the LibDems didn't do very well as I followed his campaign and thought he was fighting a good fight

News from the BBC - this is exciting!

06:01 am

A BBC journalist at the Sheffield Central count reports that as the votes are recounted, there are less than 100 votes in it between Labour and the Liberal Democrats. But it is not clear who was leading after the first count.

My vote really does count this time!

Perhaps but that is just how the demographic of the population lies.

If we had a "fairer" voting system that more represented voting share, then it still wouldn't change the fact that the Lib Dems would still be third tonight.

You seem hung up on telling me lib dems would be third - erm, yes they would, I am not stupid you know.

And it isn;t how the demographic lies is it, if around 2/3rds are saddled with a parliament largely made up of something they did not want.

A BBC journalist at the Sheffield Central count reports that as the votes are recounted, there are less than 100 votes in it between Labour and the Liberal Democrats. But it is not clear who was leading after the first count.

Come on Labour!!!

You seem hung up on telling me lib dems would be third - erm, yes they would, I am not stupid you know.

And it isn;t how the demographic lies is it, if around 2/3rds are saddled with a parliament largely made up of something they did not want.

Hmmm for one that was posing the question, that many had answered in many election threads over the weeks, and has been covered in many newspapers I'm not so sure......besides cool down buddy we are only having a chat not an argument.

PS. you may want to look up what demographic means.

I've just seen that and was about to post it!! It shows that an individual vote can count

Were any voters turned away from Sheffield Central!

A farce of magnificent magnitude could be on the cards.

Salma Yaqoob misses out again, Birmingham Hall Green:

Roger Godsiff Labour 16,039

Salma Yaqoob Respect-Unity Coalition 12,240

Jerry Evans Liberal Democrat 11,988

Jo Barker Conservative 7,320

Alan Blumenthal UK Independence Party 950

Andrew Gardner Independent 190

Archived