Paul Scriven Liberal Democrat 16,973 40.9 +9.5

Andrew Lee Conservative 4,206 10.1 +1.0

Jillian Creasy Green 1,556 3.8 -2.0

Tracey Smith British National Party 903 2.2 +0.6

Jeffrey Shaw UK Independence Party 652 1.6 -0.1

Rod Rodgers Independent 40 0.1 +0.1

Majority 165 0.4

Turnout 41,468 59.6% +4.6

I'm not one for boasting but I think I called this election about right yesterday in another thread!:

it ain't over for anybody until the Fat Lady sings, or in this case, stops singing, at 10pm tomorrow night.

and that will be when the opera starts.

The only real certainty is that the Lib Dems won't be the largest party come Friday morning.

Whether we see a Conservative PM or Labour PM is still very much up in the air,and we may not even know that for several days later.

I can imagine if the Conservatives don't get a majority then Labour will be frantically holding talks with the other minor parties to try to bash out a deal, and all the while the Conservatives will be appearing on the media claiming that they have the real right to govern since they won the largest number of seats.

So yep the election result could well drag on until next week, so the fat lady may well be singing for much longer than anticipated.

I'm not one for boasting but I think I called this election about right yesterday in another thread!:

it ain't over for anybody until the Fat Lady sings, or in this case, stops singing, at 10pm tomorrow night.

and that will be when the opera starts.

The only real certainty is that the Lib Dems won't be the largest party come Friday morning.

Whether we see a Conservative PM or Labour PM is still very much up in the air,and we may not even know that for several days later.

I can imagine if the Conservatives don't get a majority then Labour will be frantically holding talks with the other minor parties to try to bash out a deal, and all the while the Conservatives will be appearing on the media claiming that they have the real right to govern since they won the largest number of seats.

So yep the election result could well drag on until next week, so the fat lady may well be singing for much longer than anticipated.

Opps Duplicate post!

Archived