Paul Scriven Liberal Democrat 16,973 40.9 +9.5

Andrew Lee Conservative 4,206 10.1 +1.0

Jillian Creasy Green 1,556 3.8 -2.0

Tracey Smith British National Party 903 2.2 +0.6

Jeffrey Shaw UK Independence Party 652 1.6 -0.1

Rod Rodgers Independent 40 0.1 +0.1

Majority 165 0.4

Turnout 41,468 59.6% +4.6

Thanks for posting the result of Sheffield Central purdyamos.

I've not long arrived home, having been at the count at Ponds Forge since 10.00pm. There was a recount of all votes cast, followed by a count of the bundles of votes. It was nerve racking and the atmosphere at Ponds Forge was very tense as a rumour circulated that the result looked like a narrow Labour win.

As I had to give a lift to someone at the count in order for her to get to work, I left the count at 07.00am - so only just missed the declaration. Grrr!

A good night for Labour in Sheffield, winning all seats bar Hallam - which admittedly was always looking like an outside chance for a Labour win! :)

Although I'm now back home, I dare not catch some sleep as, like many other candidates, agents, observors and counting staff - I've got to back at Ponds Forge at noon for the local elections count.

[but sometime later today (and probably all of tomorrow), I shall sleep and sleep and sleep! :) ]

Thanks for posting the result of Sheffield Central purdyamos.

I've not long arrived home, having been at the count at Ponds Forge since 10.00pm. There was a recount of all votes cast, followed by a count of the bundles of votes. It was nerve racking and the atmosphere at Ponds Forge was very tense as a rumour circulated that the result looked like a narrow Labour win.

As I had to give a lift to someone at the count in order for her to get to work, I left the count at 07.00am - so only just missed the declaration. Grrr!

A good night for Labour in Sheffield, winning all seats bar Hallam - which admittedly was always looking like an outside chance for a Labour win! :)

Although I'm now back home, I dare not catch some sleep as, like many other candidates, agents, observors and counting staff - I've got to back at Ponds Forge at noon for the local elections count.

[but sometime later today (and probably all of tomorrow), I shall sleep and sleep and sleep! :) ]

When will we get the local results redrobbo? tomorrow/tonight?

So what happens now then?

Surely the Tories can't form a Government and there won't be enough of Lib/Lab MP's for them to form one.

How are changes going to get voted through, as they are just going to get voted down as the Libs/Labs won't rush through the Tory cuts and the Tories won't agree anything the Libs/Labs want to do.

Looks like stalemate for a while to me!

It ain't going to work. Another election coming up soon.

Archived