2010 General Election megathread

Bye bye gordon, Clegg will be ringing cameron asap. New PM: Cameron yeaaaaaaaaah

The rich richer, the poor poorer, public sector job cuts, higher unemployment, high interest rates, high home repossessions. Bring it on.

I cant understand how the liberals can get in to bed with the torys,

The would be an outcry within the party!. Also if clegg does does jump in with Cameron and he has a minority government then calls an election in a few years time then clegg will have lost the opportunity to have electoral reform

BREAKING NEWSLib Dem leader Nick Clegg says he sticks to his view that the party with most votes and seats - the Conservatives - should seek to form a government.

Said they should prove the conservatives would have to prove themselves etc etc

It is difficult to see how Clegg can retain his and the party principles if he said otherwise.

Brown on the other hand doesn't care if he was third and the nation goes to ruin as long as he stays in Downing St to do it.

It is difficult to see how Clegg can retain his and the party principles if he said otherwise.

Brown on the other hand doesn't care if he was third and the nation goes to ruin as long as he stays in Downing St to do it.

Is clegg going to role over and let the Tories tickle his belly?

13 years in opposition and they still haven’t mustered enough power to gain control.

Don’t count your chickens and all that.

I have to say that if I was a Labour supporter I would be very pleased today, even if the Tories manage to get a government formed. I really thought the Tories would run away with this one, and after 13 years I am surprised that more people aren't ready for a change, especially when Gordon Brown is so unpopular, even in his own party!

I think the fact that so many people still refuse to vote Tory in the middle of all the trouble that the country is going through really says something. You never know what will happen but I can't imagine many better times being available to get a majority, and they failed to do it. I think they need to think about a new leader because I feel Cameron is just too slimey and doesn't appeal. It was the evil of the two lessers this year.

Archived