2010 General Election megathread

I think the fact that so many people still refuse to vote Tory in the middle of all the trouble that the country is going through really says something. .

Well said :clap:

I think the fact that so many people still refuse to vote Tory in the middle of all the trouble that the country is going through really says something

Sources say "senior tory's will not entertain any idea of PR!!"

Yeh, and we know the reason why! Torys don't like a FAIR Democratic voting system!

Because a FAIR PR system would make it harder for Torys to ever win another election.

Hmm. Quite a strange night, some very unusual results. A suprisingly poor result for the Lib Dems and I am disappointed they didnt take Sheff Central. Amazing result for taking Redcar, there must be a lot of anger up there about the Corus closure.

Also, congratulations to the Greens - a small party winning a seat in FPTP is an incredible achivement, although the rest of their results were very poor.

I have no choice but to vote for Labour I cant afford to loose my £40 a month workin tax credit :(

Conservatives would take it off you and give it to someone who is rich lol

in my opinion if your on a good salary and so is your hubby and you never struggle to make ends meet and can bathe in £20 notes then vote conservative.

If you are a normal working family or on benefits vote labour or lib debs.

Also, congratulations to the Greens - a small party winning a seat in FPTP is an incredible achivement.

Hear, hear. I don't think people could ask for a better MP than Caroline Lucas. She's devoted to all the right causes, the key one being sustainability - a concept that seems to elude many "mainstream" politicians.

A disappointing night for Respect too. Galloway failed to win in Poplar and Limehouse, and they lost their seat (which Galloway had previously held) in Bethnal Green and Bow, by some considerable margin. Respect had won that seat on the back of a deeply unpopular Iraq war, but Labour have taken it by a huge amount. People have short memories. I dont agree with a lot of what he says or does, but I think its a loss that he will no longer be in parliament.

A disappointing night for Respect too. Galloway failed to win in Poplar and Limehouse, and they lost their seat (which Galloway had previously held) in Bethnal Green and Bow, by some considerable margin. Respect had won that seat on the back of a deeply unpopular Iraq war, but Labour have taken it by a huge amount. People have short memories. I dont agree with a lot of what he says or does, but I think its a loss that he will no longer be in parliament.

I think if you look at his voting record since becoming an MP that he was rarely in Parliament. He was elected on a protest vote but then the electorate found out how rubbish he was.

I think if you look at his voting record since becoming an MP that he was rarely in Parliament. He was elected on a protest vote but then the electorate found out how rubbish he was.

True, but obviously I am looking at this from a non-constituent perspective. He is an excellent orator and wasn't afraid of a bit of controversy. From an outsiders perspective, I always though he was a good MP. Clearly that doesnt mean he is popular in his constituency!

True, but obviously I am looking at this from a non-constituent perspective. He is an excellent orator and wasn't afraid of a bit of controversy. From an outsiders perspective, I always though he was a good MP. Clearly that doesnt mean he is popular in his constituency!

I wonder what his cat 'licking his wounds' impersonation is like?

Archived