2010 General Election megathread

Yes exactly, calling someone uneducated when you don't know them just based on an opinion is an insult.

Quite so...All you right wing fascists who can't accept other people's opinions without resorting to insults should be ashamed

Please excuse an out of touch ex pat, but I saw Clegg at a voting station in Sheffield on a video this morning. Does Clegg represent Sheffield? Good Luck to you all, you could use some right now. So could we.

He represents the leafy suburbs of Sheffield Hallam - Labour represents everywhere else.

I'm not losing sleep at all just throwing an alternative viewpoint into the mix.

I know there are thousands and thousands of miners and steel workers jobs on the heap and that is tragic indeed and something which needs putting right

Just think the will of the people has shown they are not happy with politicians in general. The expenses scanadal has shown NO MATTER WHICH PARTY, they are not in touch with normal people.

People power is the winner, & not politics, which has got to be a good thing.....but at what cost in these unstable times?

What are the chances of a Labour, Lib Dem, SDLP, SNP and Plaid Cymru coalition as it looks like that is what it would take to get a majority for them.

Doesn't seem likely but who knows :confused:

Please excuse an out of touch ex pat, but I saw Clegg at a voting station in Sheffield on a video this morning. Does Clegg represent Sheffield? Good Luck to you all, you could use some right now. So could we.

He is MP for Hallam constituency, the Western part of the city that used to be a conservative stronghold. All the other seats in Sheffield are still red, although in Central it went down to the wire and there was a recount. The Lib Dems nearly took that too, but lost again to Labour by about 165 vote (I think).

I expect they also showed some of the chaos as very long queues meant many people were shut out at poll closing time without being able to vote. That was on Nick Clegg's own patch, which is probably why there were cameras around to capture it.

The people of Ranmoor are revolting. :hihi:

Archived