2010 General Election megathread

there are about 40 million registered voters i think from a population of about 62 million and of those 29.5 million voted

ah so the 60% is proportion of people that registered not the proportion of the population. I thought it was rather high

Yes, Clegg represents Sheffield Hallam, in the south west of the city.

If he does a deal with the Conservatives, there is one here who will never vote for him again... mine was an anti-Tory vote.

Shame on you Nick Clegg, but maybe its the public school, old boys, network alive and well again :o

mine was an anti labour vote so its ok they cancel out!

ah so the 60% is proportion of people that registered not the proportion of the population. I thought it was rather high

Yea so its about 47% of the total population which is pretty poor considering its to decide on who runs their country for the next 5 years of their life.

Those who don't vote (through choice) should not have the right to complain :hihi:

From the UAF website:

.....But results in other areas should warn us against being complacent over the BNP threat. The fascists polled several strong results in Yorkshire, including 10.4% in Rotherham, 8.9% in Barnsley Central, 8.6% in Barnsley East and 7.7% in Rother Valley. And while the BNP was held back in Barking, the fascists made significant gains in the neighbouring constituency of Dagenham & Rainham, where their share of the vote rose from 4.4% to 11.2%.

Get in!

Yea so its about 47% of the total population which is pretty poor considering its to decide on who runs their country for the next 5 years of their life.

Those who don't vote (through choice) should not have the right to complain :hihi:

Unless it was compulsory, turnout is always going to be low in areas with huge majorities for 1 party.

Unless it was compulsory, turnout is always going to be low in areas with huge majorities for 1 party.

I guess so but choosing not to vote just because you think your vote doesn't count is a bit backward don't you think?

I think that would be a bad idea. Its far better for fewer people to vote based on listening to what the parties have to say than forcing people that don't have a clue to put a cross in a box. I am glad this is the first time I voted (Im 30) because until the last couple of years I paid no attention as it was just a bunch of children squabbling in a room.....

I stick by this but I know more about what they are squabbling about now

Archived