2010 General Election megathread

I guess so but choosing not to vote just because you think your vote doesn't count is a bit backward don't you think?

No. Why? If you know for a fact that it doesn't effect anything why waste your time?

If i thought i had a chance of affecting something then i would definitely head out and do whatever it is.

Thats the problem with us brits we're too defeatist. A none vote in this election has been a vote for uncertainty

If i thought i had a chance of affecting something then i would definitely head out and do whatever it is.

If I thought I had a chance of changing the outcome in my constituency I would be stupid.

Yes but if all the people who believe they can do no good actually tried to change things then there would have been a different result in the election.

A lot of seats have had just a few thousand votes in them yet there are around 10 million people who didn't vote. Those 10 million votes would have changed the face of this election because if enough people want change then change will happen... or atleast the rules of democracy mean it should

No. Why? If you know for a fact that it doesn't effect anything why waste your time?

Because there will be future elections - quite possibly very soon, and the more the incumbent's majority gets eaten into this time round the less it will need next time.

Yes but if all the people who believe they can do no good actually tried to change things then there would have been a different result in the election.

A lot of seats have had just a few thousand votes in them yet there are around 10 million people who didn't vote. Those 10 million votes would have changed the face of this election because if enough people want change then change will happen... or atleast the rules of democracy mean it should

It's a catch 22 really. If voting was made compulsory too many people who didn't know anything about the parties would just flip a coin. Until it is compulsory lots of people who will feel their vote wont make a difference just wont bother. I could have voted but it wouldn't have made the rest vote too.

Archived