2010 General Election megathread

its says a lot ruby when i told her why my english isnt good she cant be even to reply and say sorry that tells me a awful lot .
Don't let it worry you, ormester, some people, eh? Or she could just be offline right now. Don't let it put you off posting, though. I thought what you said about Ms Munn was right on the button.

Someone once asked if redruby was the offspring of redrobbo and me, hehe. If so, I would disown her!

Don't let it worry you, ormester, some people, eh? Or she could just be offline right now. Don't let it put you off posting, though. I thought what you said about Ms Munn was right on the button.

Someone once asked if redruby was the offspring of redrobbo and me, hehe. If so, I would disown her!

thanks rubydazzler good to see some people like my posts did u notice she didnt defend it though

He represents the leafy suburbs of Sheffield Hallam - Labour represents everywhere else.
Thank you for that info. He would certainly not have rerpresented my leafy suburb of Sheffield. I was born in Brightside, where I don't believe I ever saw a blade of grass.:):)

You're absolutely right that the same argument applies to the last Labour victory. It's clearly time to change the system. It's broken. If we had another election result like this it would lead to a serious crisis.

What you mean? This election result is a great in the sense that it proves even more so for electoral reform. Labour were out of favour however, yet the public were not convinced enough with the tories.

British politics from anAmerian viewpoint is one of amazement that you are able to create a governmnt after only a few weeks of campaigning, and at little comparatiive expense against the months, nay sometimes years and great expense in America. I wonder sometimes how a President can do four years of work with two of them on the trail. But does your system work any better? 1don't know. Your election didn't cxreate a working majority. Our system ought to locate the best people for the job. But the fact that Sarah Palin was actively able to secure Vice Presidency votes shows that it is far from perfect, and Bush for two terms beggars sanity

so you've got high ambitions for your kids and grandkids? Or is it just other people's children that should have to live in rented accommodation? :D

My house is paid for but that doesn’t make me blind to the glaringly obvious fact that the lack of social housing pushes up rent in the private housing market, the days of 100% mortgages have gone and the number of kids with 10’s of thousands of pounds for a deposit are few and far between.

All of the above means we have a return to the Walton family which we joked about earlier, kids cant afford to move out, peter Kay summed it up in is tongue in check add.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWKwDa_mP6M

Would people agree that sky news has been incredible biased during this election?

I just hate thier reporters/presenters to!!!

What’s up have you lost the control for your TV ?

llamatron Maggie did it!

even when it was nulabour, it was still maggie

Even King Canute couldn’t turn back the tide.

Labour were out of favour however, yet the public were not convinced enough with the tories.

That needs saying again :-

Labour were out of favour however, yet the public were not convinced enough with the tories

Archived