2010 General Election megathread

I am very angry.

PR to be pushed through by a Lib-Lab government without referendum. Constitutional change by unelected Prime Ministers with backroom Lib-Dem dealers.

PR over the voters' heads. The Conservatives will be perpetually shut out of goverment by coalitions of the Left. Welcome to the future: Left Wing Dictatorship ad infinitum.

What did Orwell say about this....

I repeat I am angry about this and I am sincere when I say that I want to take to the streets in protest. Nobody voted for this potentially scandalous constitutional change. A total disgrace. Shame on you Clegg. Shame on you Labour. This pact could change this country forever.

Get ready for total state power, controlled by the Left.

Unless we the voters protest in the streets. Anybody want to join me in protest at this scandal? Rise up good citizens of England & Britain.

This is a dangerous moment for democracy in Britain and England in particular. A left wing stitch up could exclude Conservative government from power for perpetuity.

Rise up good citizens of Britain. Your civil liberties are under attack by the forces of Left Wing Dictatorship. It is time for political protest in the streets.

I am very angry.

PR to be pushed through by a Lib-Lab government without referendum. Constitutional change by unelected Prime Ministers with backroom Lib-Dem dealers.

PR over the voters' heads. The Conservatives will be perpetually shut out of goverment by coalitions of the Left. Welcome to the future: Left Wing Dictatorship ad infinitum.

I repeat I am angry about this and I am sincere when I say that I want to take to the streets in protest. Nobody voted for this potentially scandalous constitutional change. A total disgrace. Shame on you Clegg. Shame on you Labour. This pact could change this country forever.

Unless we the voters protest in the streets. Anybody want to join me in protest at this scandal? Rise up good citizens of England & Britain.

This is a dangerous moment for democracy in Britain and England in particular. A left wing stitch up could exclude Conservative government from power for perpetuity.

Rise up good citizens of Britain. Your civil liberties are under attack by the forces of Left Wing Dictatorship. It is time for political protest in the streets.

I totally agree. Anger is growing in the country and if the Lib Dems and Labour stitch up this election, then this will upset a lot of people, not just conservatives, but labour supporters also at some level.

Let’s not forget, the rainbow coalition would be made up of parties that want nothing to do with England. In effect we will be ruled by people outside our nation, in other words occupied by people who have no interest in England prospering.

This could mark a massive change in our nation. Unfortunately this is exactly what some want, it’s just a shame they have no idea what the result will be and are happy to gamble everything.

Constitutional change by unelected Prime Ministers with backroom Lib-Dem dealers.

Prime ministers aren't and never have been elected directly by the electorate. It's just not part of the system. If you do want that, then it will require some constitutional change ;-)

In effect we will be ruled by people outside our nation, in other words occupied by people who have no interest in England prospering.

The parliamentary elections were for a 650 seat UK parliament. You can't pick and choose which of those 650 MPs are allowed to make decisions for England and which aren't. It just doesn't work like that so no point in throwing a hissy fit about it.

According to the Beeb, which is good enough for me, they claim Labour:

Source

Conservatives were rejected by the majority of voters too.

No party won. No party has fulfilled the criteria for forming a single party majority government. That is the bottom line.

Even if the Tories had just scraped a majority it would have been the shakiest of governments because of the large number of Tory back benchers who traditiononally follow the party line only grudgingly on many issues.

I am very angry.

:love::love::love::love:

You're funny!

Conservatives were rejected by the majority of voters too.

That old tired argument again!

It's rare to have any one party achieve over 50% of the vote, so most governments in the last 60 years or so were also rejected by the majority of voters.

Even Tony Blair's "cool Britannia" landslide majority government was rejected by the majority of voters.

Archived