2010 General Election megathread

hes just resigned as pm. with a bit of dignity as well, apart from his stomach churning tribute to the armed services.

i was hoping halfway through the speech he was going to fall to his knees, burst into tears and rage at the sky at the unfairness of it all then beg for forgiveness and another chance

They didn't bottle it in the slightest, the "PR" thing was a euphemism for the fact that significant chunks of both parties will find it difficult to work together.

PR was a precondition that was conveniently swept under the carpet, I bet william Hague as backtracked on his embarrassing grovelling when he thought Clegg was moving towards Lab.

PR was a precondition that was conveniently swept under the carpet, I bet william Hague as backtracked on his embarrassing grovelling when he thought Clegg was moving towards Lab.

I don't see how he can backtrack - the libs have played a good game methinks. Having said that the tories might have played a good game and could now rule with a minority Govt now that GB has gone, and say nah nah nah to the libs.

Bye Bye Labour

we'll find out soon enough

but what's more important, pr or a stable enough government to at least make a start in dealing with the small problems that we face?

I don't see how he can backtrack - the libs have played a good game methinks. Having said that the tories might have played a good game and could now rule with a minority Govt now that GB has gone, and say nah nah nah to the libs.

Bye Bye Labour

cameron could always have ruled with a minority government, its just he couldn'r have done it for very long

Archived