Will Gordon Brown squat in Downing Street?

So, Labour get 7,517,128 votes for 225 seats. Liberal Democrat get 6,001,707 for 48 seats.

Whats occurring with that? Seems very naughty to me

Thats just the first past the post system. Its an unfair system.

BBC which has expunged the word 'hung' from its vocabulary and prefers the mendacious 'balanced parliament')

I am going to have to get my ears checked, I have had the BBC on all morning and have heard your taboo word “hung” parliament several times, come down of you high horse as the Tories haven’t ousted Labour.

We are going to get a patchwork party until the people get to vote again hopefully under a fairer system.

I've heard and read a lot about Brown being able to stay on under the constitution, but I'm a little confused. What constituation is this, afaik we do not have a written constitution, so is more of a convention than actually laid down in law? Cheers.

It's not much more than Gus O'Donnell's opinion from what I can tell.

The party with the most votes and most seats should be making the decisions, not the person who put No 10's latch on last night and certainly not a civil servant.

Word is that Gordon Brown will squat in Number 10 if there is a hung Parliament even if Labour come third.

On the other hand there is talk that Cameron will go to the Queen and tell her that he's forming a Government even if he has the slimmest majority of seats.

So, with two Pickford's vans sat outside the big black door who should move in?

The Lib Dem policy agenda is far closer to Labour. But Clegg will struggle with that option given he said during the campaign that the party with the most votes and the most seats had the right to seek to form a coalition. The Lib Dem leader could become the most powerful man in the country over the next few hours, despite his disappointing election results.

http://www.politics.co.uk/analysis/general-election-2010/hung-parliament-what-happens-now--$21376743.htm

The Lib Dem policy agenda is far closer to Labour. But Clegg will struggle with that option given he said during the campaign that the party with the most votes and the most seats had the right to seek to form a coalition. The Lib Dem leader could become the most powerful man in the country over the next few hours, despite his disappointing election results.

http://www.politics.co.uk/analysis/general-election-2010/hung-parliament-what-happens-now--$21376743.htm

The right to seek is the key phrase. The tories have first crack at attempting to get him on their side but if they don't then Labour could go a wooing.

The right to seek is the key phrase. The tories have first crack at attempting to get him on their side but if they don't then Labour could go a wooing.

Ah at last someone is actually lessoning to what was said.

The cracks are already showing in the Tory party as some MPs are already showing opposition to the Lib party.

Archived