Did you vote for different parties in the local and national elections?

did you vote for different parties in the local and national elections?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. did you vote for different parties in the local and national elections?

• no. I voted for the same party in both local and national elections.
    • yes. I voted for different parties in the local and national elections.
    • I only voted in the national election. I abstained from the local one.
    • I only voted in the local election. I abstained from the national one.

Good question actually, I did.

I voted Labour for local goverment and Liberal Democrats for National.

This is because I feel that Liberal Democrats have screwed me over locally by making pretty much every area within walking distance of town pay and display.

I used to park on shoreham street and now it's literally a half an hour walk to town from there nearest free parking space.

They want us to shop in town more? I'm not doing that anymore what's the point now when you have to pay like 3 quid for any decent length of parking time in town, it only costs me a quid in petrol to get to meadowhall so, I'd like to be in town more but I feel a bit screwed over.

I mean I start university in September and so I don't know what I'll do now, I did plan to park on Shoreham street and cycle up because I'm not paying £12 a week for Sheffield crap bus service.

They constant money grabbing by the council for parking is simply ridiculous, make parking free, increase business in the city centre. Simple.

Anyway that's a ramble but that's how I came to my decision.

Will be voting for different parties.

Lib Dem locally (Hallam) and Conservative, nationally.

There isn't a Hallam ward in Sheffield. Hallam is the Constituency. It includes the wards of Broomhill, Crookes, Dore and Totley, Ecclesall, and Fulwood.

Oops, I just said this on a different thread. Gillian Creasy has been a good and well respected local councillor and I voted Green again for the locals as in Central ward they've done some good work. the Greens work well at that level but I can't vote for them nationally, even though Gillian Creasy has been moved up to be their parliamentary candidate. Nationally I added my cross to the Lib Dem Central surge. I'm not 100% happy with them, but none of the big three are entirely satisfactory and the mess we're in is so huge, the impending austerity measures are going to be ugly and inevitable whoever gets in.

Archived