Dempsey`s shoe shop

i remember nat and biddy they had the shoe shoe . i worked at hansons on the makeup and toiletries stall worked there for 15 years .there was also a stall of hansons opposite elstons shoes selling underwear and nighties. i worked on the stall behind that one . icould write a book about the characters that came in the market !

i remember nat and biddy they had the shoe shoe . i worked at hansons on the makeup and toiletries stall worked there for 15 years .there was also a stall of hansons opposite elstons shoes selling underwear and nighties. i worked on the stall behind that one . icould write a book about the characters that came in the market !

Well do it then! I am currently struggling to write a novel, but truth is better than fiction!

Does anyone else remember going to Dempseys on Park hill flats for their shoes?

i remember dempseys . lived on park hill overlooking the shop on the pavement . remember getting kitted out with school uniform 2 sizes large to grow into. i think they operated a credit system that my parents had to avail themselves of . seem to remember a simmilar thing at blanchards on infirmary road . as i had clothes football boots; etc purchased there . it must have been tough making ends meet in the 60s like today.

I can't remember going to Dempsey's but the names familiar, we bought all our shoes from Saxones, well that was later on when we had to buy our own shoes to go dancing, bows on the shoes were all the fashion then, before that I'm sure I wore hand-me-downs being the youngest of 3 sisters :mad:

Archived