The 20p piece with no date..value??

Hey everyone, I have had one of these 20p's for quite some time as i didnt cash in for the £50.00 that was offered when it was first discovered. I have heard quotes of people selling theirs for hundreds of pounds !!!!

Does anyone know about this ??? I was going to hold on to it with the thinking that it will be worth more in time.....

like i said at the time its only worth what some one is willing to pay for it i recon every one has been sold at a different price.

i send a msg to some one oh here and they said they wanted £250+ but where holding on for the best offer!!

id buy one at £50 not for myself but for a family member who collects coins.

but wouldnt pay daft amounts lol

ive got six of them, and they arent going for anything at the moment, some ummm. . . Clowns :D are trying to sell them on ebay for upto 250k:o

keep it safe and if possible in some sort of plastic to stop its getting warn and wait a while to sell.

Prob for the best to keep hold then eh....Others have said some have gone for thousands but the thing i cant understand is how can they be worth less now when royal mint have bought loads back ???? Surely they are more rare now ???

I think i will keep hold and maybe pass it on to my son when he's older......

To a coin collector, it's worth about thirty pounds.

To a person completely ignorant of coin collecting who thinks he can buy one now and then sell it in a few years for a higher price, who knows? He might pay any amount, and the more he pays the more he'll lose when, in a few years' time, it's still only worth about thirty pounds.

Archived