General election exit poll

I don't know why anyone is surprised, this is how our system works. Lib Dems could get the same amount of votes as Labour and yet end up with 250 fewer seats. That's why Lab and Cons love this system and Lib Dem hate it.

I should have gone to bed at 22:00 last night as the exit poll seem very accurate.

I wish I recorded Paddy Ashdown reaction to the exit poll last night....he called it a "completely ridiculous poll"......or words to that effect.

Not so ridiculous now ehh Paddy?:hihi:

I wish I recorded Paddy Ashdown reaction to the exit poll last night....he called it a "completely ridiculous poll"......or words to that effect.

Not so ridiculous now ehh Paddy?:hihi:

To fair to him, a lot of other people were sceptical as well. All through the night the commentators were saying that this is the strangest election night in memory, they were unable to use the swingometer as they were saying it was almost impossible to predict the results. The ironic outcome was that the result was almost exactly as predicted by the exit poll.

To fair to him, a lot of other people were sceptical as well. All through the night the commentators were saying that this is the strangest election night in memory, they were unable to use the swingometer as they were saying it was almost impossible to predict the results. The ironic outcome was that the result was almost exactly as predicted by the exit poll.

To be fair the Lib Dem exit poll wasn't a total surprise to me.

During the last few days I noticed that the Lib Dem share of vote according to 3 polls was down in the low to mid twenties, with Mori giving them only 22%, and yet the news media all were saying that Nick Clegg support was holding up and was strongly battling it out with Labour and the Tories, I was kinda bemused by why they kept claiming that Nick Clegg was doing so well, when the opinion polls suggested no real change from the last election share of the vote.

So I for one wasn't that suprised at the exit poll......I guess pundits and politicians can also get caught up in the hype and not look properly at what the polls were actually indicating.

Archived