I want proportional representation, now.

It isn't fair. But Cameron has firmly set his mind against any electoral reform which would make the voting system fairer and more representative of people actually voted.

The current voting system, of first past the post, served the country well when most of the voters chose between Labour or Conservative. But we no longer have a two party system - but the voting system hasn't been changed to reflect that fact. I strongly support the need for proportional representation.

Declaration of interest: redrobbo is a Labour Party member and also a member of Makes Votes Count and the Labour Campaign for Electoral Reform.

what about the BNP ?

Under PR, the BNP would have MP's.........

The only thing that worries me about PR is that you let all the joke parties into Government and I'm not sure it will be any better than the current system.

You have 2 joke parties in now, what difference will it make?

This would allow around 5 or 6 bnp mps in parliament.

you dont really know what it would do as people may not be so angry if they had more choice!

Also there would be more parties people could vote for, maybe they would vote ukip if that choice was available.

It also depends on how proportional representation would occur. It doesn't mathematically add up if you just take the percentages and divide the mps accordingly unless we no longer had local mps

More than anything this election has persuaded me that we should have proportional representation, now.

And I`m not just a "whining Lib Dem", I actually voted labour !

Can I ask why this particular election has persuaded you about proportional representation as opposed to last election:?:

full PR not the half-arsed version brown is coming up with

you dont really know what it would do as people may not be so angry if they had more choice!

Also there would be more parties people could vote for, maybe they would vote ukip if that choice was available.

It also depends on how proportional representation would occur. It doesn't mathematically add up if you just take the percentages and divide the mps accordingly unless we no longer had local mps

I was going on the results of this election .

Can I ask why this particular election has persuaded you about proportional representation as opposed to last election:?:

labour getting approx the same percentage as libdem and having 200 seats more:loopy:

Didn't follow politics last time!

Archived