Nick Clegg. Britain's most powerful man.

SuperNick is a man that they can trust.

Why - does he use Hi Q Tyres on Leppings Lane?

That's what all your posts used to be about until you discovered Clegg.

Your advertising for both is equally bad.

I am pleased to say that the two leaders, Cameron and Clegg are conducting themselves in a away hat the electorate has been demanding. By talking in a constructive and proper manner, listening to each other and considering each others points of view.

This is according to both Michael Gove and Paddy Ashdown, both of whom had really good interviews this am on The Andrew Marr Show.

It seems( if this continues) that we shall truly have a different way of doing politics.

This is after all what the public wanted so this is what they are getting.

The public decided that they did not want one party to have overall control. They indicated that they wanted a different way of doing business.

This way works in other countries and, if common sense prevails there is no reason why this way cannot work here,we just have to be patient and accept that there is another way of doing this, and we should try not to get too carried away with the sensationalist headlines of the British media, who after all have too much influence in the way we make our decisions.

I am pleased to say that the two leaders, Cameron and Clegg are conducting themselves in a away hat the electorate has been demanding. By talking in a constructive and proper manner, listening to each other and considering each others points of view.

This is according to both Michael Gove and Paddy Ashdown, both of whom had really good interviews this am on The Andrew Marr Show.

It seems( if this continues) that we shall truly have a different way of doing politics.

This is after all what the public wanted so this is what they are getting.

The public decided that they did not want one party to have overall control. They indicated that they wanted a different way of doing business.

This way works in other countries and, if common sense prevails there is no reason why this way cannot work here,we just have to be patient and accept that there is another way of doing this, and we should try not to get too carried away with the sensationalist headlines of the British media, who after all have too much influence in the way we make our decisions.

I hope you are right, but I fear that it will not happen. I don't think the Conservatives are ready to think in terms of sharing power, especially in a system that would probably prevent them ever gaining sole power again. Without PR, I dont think that the Lib-Dems will see any future in any sort of coalition, either for their party or for the country as a whole.

I hope you are right, but I fear that it will not happen. I don't think the Conservatives are ready to think in terms of sharing power, especially in a system that would probably prevent them ever gaining sole power again. Without PR, I dont think that the Lib-Dems will see any future in any sort of coalition, either for their party or for the country as a whole.

Personally I cannot see the Conservatives conceding anything on PR - I can see them stringing the Lib Dems along enough until they can call another election in the "national interest" - something on Europe perhaps? - when they think they'll be able to get a majority in their own right.

Personally I cannot see the Conservatives conceding anything on PR - I can see them stringing the Lib Dems along enough until they can call another election in the "national interest" - something on Europe perhaps? - when they think they'll be able to get a majority in their own right.

i doubt that the lib dems, would allow themselves to be strung along

the best that can be hoped for is a referendum where the libdems will support pr, the conservatives and labour will support fptp or fptp+

and thats pretty much the same deal gordon brown will offer, especially as before the election he was all in favour of fptp+

we need a couple of years of stable government or we're doomed and the only choice is a conservative-libdem alliance of some sort.

the other alternative governments are a conservative only minority government which looks for support on each bill as and when its needed or the rainbow coalition of labour, lib dem and the nationalist parties. none of these alternatives will be particularly stable

i suppose the final alternative is that the queen gets all the leaders together and says something along the lines of "ok boys, we're in a bit of a mess and you either work together in a national government or its off to tower hill for a haircut"

I think the Lib Dems will be under intense pressure to "act in the national interest" ie do whatever the Tories want, from large sections of the press (ie everything bar the Mirror and Guardian).

Archived