Nick Clegg. Britain's most powerful man.

I wonder how all those people who voted Lib Dem felt when they woke up this morning and found they'd voted in a Tory government.

quite good actually. I didn't vote libdem to keep the labour supporters happy. They have let the electorate make the decision. Good on em.

Listening to Radio Sheffield this morning they are bewildered and gutted, from watching Newsnight last night the guy on there felt sick to the stomach about it.

Poor Labour supporters - I understand their grief after wasting their votes.

It's a great loss for them but that's what you get when you back a loser.

Poor Labour supporters - I understand their grief after wasting their votes.

It's a great loss for them but that's what you get when you back a loser.

labour were not losers on votes gained the election. how many seats did the lib dums win exactly

Clegg's been fobbed off with a non-job. 'Deputy Prime Minister' might sound OK, but it's totally meaningless. Little more than a title, and the opportunity for Clegg to get up to the despatch box while the PM is gallivanting around the world doing the important stuff.

should Cameron walk under a bus, there's no way Clegg would succeed as PM, probably not even as a caretaker.

on the plus side for Clegg, not having a proper ministerial portfolio might be a blessing in disguise, as he won't expose himself as a total lightweight quite so obviously.

the Tories will already be trying to figure out the best way to take him and his party to the cleaners. This should be an interesting, if perhaps rather short, parliament.

I hope you are right, but I fear that it will not happen. I don't think the Conservatives are ready to think in terms of sharing power, especially in a system that would probably prevent them ever gaining sole power again. Without PR, I dont think that the Lib-Dems will see any future in any sort of coalition, either for their party or for the country as a whole.

Looking at the situation a few days on, I believe that things have gone well and the 2 parties still appear to be conducting themselves in a manner we expect of them.

I hope that the cabinet is now a balanced cabinet and I feel that it has the interests of the country at heart.

Long may it continue.....

Watch this space..

Clegg's been fobbed off with a non-job. 'Deputy Prime Minister' might sound OK, but it's totally meaningless. Little more than a title, and the opportunity for Clegg to get up to the despatch box while the PM is gallivanting around the world doing the important stuff.

should Cameron walk under a bus, there's no way Clegg would succeed as PM, probably not even as a caretaker.

on the plus side for Clegg, not having a proper ministerial portfolio might be a blessing in disguise, as he won't expose himself as a total lightweight quite so obviously.

the Tories will already be trying to figure out the best way to take him and his party to the cleaners. This should be an interesting, if perhaps rather short, parliament.

I wonder what unregistered would say if his super hero became PM and leader of the Tory party,without the need of an election.

Being as the labour party did not want to form a coalition and the tories didnt offer PR I think Clegg has done well. He has gone with the electorate to form a majority. Going against the electorate and not forming a majority in the process would have been mental.

What canes me about this complete balls up is that I have hardly heard the name of Teflon Tony, who handed Brown the poison chalice, being mentioned.

He has still outwitted most here.

like mandy you gotta give the guy credit for dumping all the blame!

Being as the labour party did not want to form a coalition and the tories didnt offer PR I think Clegg has done well. He has gone with the electorate to form a majority. Going against the electorate and not forming a majority in the process would have been mental.

Done well for who exactly?

Himself?

Archived