When will the next general election be?

When will the next general election be?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next general election be?

• Before the end of July
    • Autumn 2010
    • After 2011

Aww come on, get real people! In the run up to the election the Lib Dems were given great hope that they would fare very well in the election. One of the opinion polls actually put them ahead very recently! Their hopes have now totally diminished. They only have a chance of sharing power with another party.

They will make concessions and form a government with Labour in the hope that they will gain experience of leadership, (although it me shared) through it.

Their only other choice is political obscurity, they know that now.

That's been tried before. Four times in fact (link). It never lasts.

Having two general elections in one year is not unheard of, it's happened in my lifetime.

OK. The point that I am making is that this time is different. The Lib Dems now fully realise that they have absolutely no chance of power without electoral reform. They will form a government with Labour and give concessions, but Labour will allow a measure of electoral reform. Many Labour MPs already accept Zacos theory on PR anyhow.

I think it should be made compulsary to vote, even with the option of un-decided but at least everyone has to vote.

I think it's wrong that a party can join forces with another, I would assume some voters would be against that, it could even be done through the census, but a compulsary voting system should be there.

I think it should be made compulsary to vote, even with the option of un-decided but at least everyone has to vote.

I think it's wrong that a party can join forces with another, I would assume some voters would be against that, it could even be done through the census, but a compulsary voting system should be there.

all that will do is increase the number of blank or spoiled ballot papers as well as generate a lot of resentment from those who don't want to vote who you coerce to the polling station with threats

I don't agree with abstaining but forcing people against their will is not the solution

all that will do is increase the number of blank or spoiled ballot papers as well as generate a lot of resentment from those who don't want to vote who you coerce to the polling station with threats

I don't agree with abstaining but forcing people against their will is not the solution

but, Esme, it works in places like Australia.

I actually think that if the voting public had the option to put their cross in a box on the ballot paper which read "none of the above" as well as the mainstream parties' option, they'd be more inclined to vote...

Archived