Multicoloured tree blossom.

Do you have any photos? Sounds pretty.

Sadly the weekend's weather seems to have stripped the tree of almost all it's blossom. However a chap in the pub who had only had a few pints suggested it could be 2 trees grafted together. :|

There's one on the grass verge outside our house and it looks crap!. It's a pink cherry tree that must have had a bough from a white one grafted onto it when it was a baby.All the pink ones on the road look great. All the white ones on the road look great. The one outside ours looks like some freakish mutant mongrel tree that the aliens left. I've hated it for the 25 years we've lived here. It must have been chosen by some indecisive bugger who couldn't make their mind up about which colour they wanted. Like the people who used to buy two-tone cars because they couldn't make their bloody minds up.

That feels better! That tree has been bugging me for years!

Have a look at this which I took at the top of Bellhouse Rd a few days ago.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv12/carosio/cherrytree2.jpg

Cracking pic that carosio..

If you look at the trunk of that tree it looks like two trees fused together...anyone else think so?

My road is lined with them to the point that it looks like it's snowing when a breeze gets up.

Cracking pic that carosio..

If you look at the trunk of that tree it looks like two trees fused together...anyone else think so?

My road is lined with them to the point that it looks like it's snowing when a breeze gets up.

I have looked closely at my tree and it is quite clear that the bark changes colour at the point where the blossoms are different. It looked absolutely stunning in full bloom, but I never noticed it last year. The only difference I can think of is that we now have a dog that is very fond of the tree. Do you think dog pee can be responsible?

Archived