Multicoloured tree blossom.

Cracking pic that carosio..

If you look at the trunk of that tree it looks like two trees fused together...anyone else think so?

My road is lined with them to the point that it looks like it's snowing when a breeze gets up.

Isn't that what it is? The link that cgksheff posted explains it ... bad pruning when the tree was only ickle, the rootstock's asserting itself ... :)

Isn't that what it is? The link that cgksheff posted explains it ... bad pruning when the tree was only ickle, the rootstock's asserting itself ... :)

Oooops! I missed cgksheff's link.

There were a lot of people around when I took the pic on my old Optio pocket camera else I would have took different angles etc, and although the sky was bright it was overcast else I could have obtained richer contrast and colours. Promised myself to go back when the sun was out, but didn't. Still, there's next year.

Must admit I've enjoyed the blossom trees in Sheffield so far this Spring.

I have another one that must have come into blossom over the weekend. Someone suggested that they have been affected by the cold winter and usually the 2 different colours appear at different times. Whatever caused it they look fabulous.

There were a lot of people around when I took the pic on my old Optio pocket camera else I would have took different angles etc, and although the sky was bright it was overcast else I could have obtained richer contrast and colours. Promised myself to go back when the sun was out, but didn't. Still, there's next year.

Must admit I've enjoyed the blossom trees in Sheffield so far this Spring.

I've not photographed any mixed blossom trees this year (it's definitely two trees grafted and the white blossomed parent tree has been allowed to take over) but I've been uploading some normal pink ones to my Panoramio page in my signature below. Take a look.

Archived