Good looks, a blessing or a curse ?

I gave up on being good looking and now just hump any woman I can.

This clearly means I don't get to hump my other half. I'm lucky if I get a biscuit from her.

Aw, you're not a bad looking bloke, fella. :)

No biscuits though? Do you need to trade her in for an uglier one? :o

There must be someone ugly enough to at least make you a cuppa in the mornin' :)

Aw, you're not a bad looking bloke, fella. :)

No biscuits though? Do you need to trade her in for an uglier one? :o

There must be someone ugly enough to at least make you a cuppa in the mornin' :)

I just buy my own biscuits.

I would say almost without doubt this is correct.

If I remember rightly, all the popular kids at school were 'attractive'. That perhaps gave them a more dominant personality and ego that has carried on in their adult years (from what I've seen of them). Mind you, most of them turned out to be toss pots, and are married or partnered to similarly 'attractive' toss pots. :hihi:

As for the unattractive ones, I'm not sure, I never hung around them, as they were below me. ;):hihi:

Interesting thread...I was a popular kid at school and still appear to appeal to folk now...I have never 'felt' attractive tho ...at size 12 then and now at size 16/18..I still feel the same inside...normal??

I really believe it's personality not looks that is the BIGGEST attraction ?

I really believe it's personality not looks that is the BIGGEST attraction ?

Oh you are so very mistaken. People are attracted to looks and everything else is secondary. Which is why so many relationships fail - people are shallow!

It's a rare handful that look beyond the surface, and this is double true when you are in your 20s and 30s.

People are, basically, extremely shallow.

Is it possible to be attracted to someone simply for their personality?? I find myself drawn to men who can make me laugh. I seriously believe its possible to laugh a woman into bed!

However looks are a certain bonus. If you can combine looks and personality head in my direction!!!! :D:D:D

I personally don't think its all to do with how good looking you are. These days there is a lot more body on show. In my early 20's I wore skirts up to my neck (dad used to call them a belt) and high heels, with being tall and extremely slim with long legs my figure attracted attention, not my looks. I've never been good looking, but I definitely used to stop traffic (literally causing an accident on Penistone Road, where someone was that busy ogling me that he didn't notice the traffic had stopped). It personally used to embarrass me. Now, I have a bit more weight on me, Im a lot older and my skirts are longer I dont get that attention anymore :(

That's my point exactly. People are extremely shallow and attracted to whatever stands out.

No longer dressing provocatively = none of the attention. The one thing that made you stand out is gone, and with it, all the interest.

Of course, the other side of this is that someone's figure is the first thing people generally see (no detail) - so you could have been a munter with a great figure and you would still have stopped traffic!

Edit: Not to imply you *were* a munter with a great figure...

did some research on this today,one of my friends is a decent looking guy,he as a good sense of humour.i know his partner very well she is a good looking girl,so i asked her the question if that why she went for him,her reply dont be silly he is also quiet rich.

Archived