Good looks, a blessing or a curse ?

Interesting thread...I was a popular kid at school and still appear to appeal to folk now...I have never 'felt' attractive tho ...at size 12 then and now at size 16/18..I still feel the same inside...normal??

I really believe it's personality not looks that is the BIGGEST attraction ?

16 to 18 ?? HUBBA HUBBA BABY ;)

A female friend said to me once "You're quite attractive and I'd have considered shagging you but your personality's God awful!". As we've known each other years I know what she's on about :hihi:

For most women, this is true. Definitely true for me. Most men don't get that a big youknowwhat is useless if it's attached to a total creep.

*off topic* but white witch, I LOVE your sig! :hihi::D

I read a report a few years ago saying that how attractive someone is actually plays a huge role in how they are treated. It was talking about attractiveness in things such as having a symetrical face etc, and some studies had shown that the more attractive people tended to be graded better at school, receive more job offers etc.

I think that generally there must be something in how someone looks that initially attracts us when we talk to them or approach them, either as a friend or as potentially more. That may be how they themselves look, or perhaps their style implies they have shared interests, or even something they are doing eg playing a guitar or whatever. However I think that for all but the shallowest of people it is the personalty that means you stay talking to them, become friends or lovers etc.

My Dad once said to me that some women are like expensive ornaments - you take them off the display stand, have a quick look at the bottom, then put them back again. The one you actually take home might be lovely to look at or might not, but it will be a more practical model that serves some function other than just looking pretty.

OK, he said it much more eloquently and in a less misogynastic way, I just can;t put it across like he did, but hopefully you understand the sentiment behind it.

ETA my Dad was not Swiss Tony!

following on from the 'pervy men in vans thread'

the person in question is obviously upset. She seems to attract a lot of unwanted attention, proberbly because she is a young attractive female

I was wonderin if this is a real a problem for some people....

do you actually hate the attention you recieve.....or love it ?

or would you like to recieve more attention ?

I wouldnt call myself good looking but I do get unwanted attention... at work I have had customers ask me for my number (at least one a week) and tell me they love me and a few weeks ago I was at a tram stop... the guy on the oppostite side was major staring at me and he sent me a bluetooth message... IGNORED!! Urghh... Its not too bad when I go out tho, I wear tights and make sure I am covered up - men seem to go for gilrs wearing next to nothing who look easy!!

Archived