Thomas Steel bandleader C.1900

Does anyone know anything about Thomas Steel from Chapeltown who was a bandleader and is buried in Burncross Cemetery. He was my great grandfather and has a golden trumpet on his gravestone. He died in 1909 aged 52 years and his wife Mary Ann (my great grandmother) died in 1932 aged 76 years. Iwould love any further information as I didn't know anything about him until yesterday:help:

Hi Denlin :wave: did you know he lived on Thorncliffe Row Chapeltown in 1909, our Grandma and Granddad Theaker lived with our Great-grandparents when they got married in Dec 1909. So I don't know how many years they lived there, but it's possible Great-Granddad Steele lived there when he was a bandleader.

Edit to add, back then Chapeltown was registered under Ecclesfield :)

By the way denlin our Grandma always insisted that Steele ended with an 'E' but sometimes of course the records show it doesn't have an 'E' . Had it got one on the gravestone?

Archived