Is this the end of Dave's Big society?

I certainly do

Cutting the public sector back and get the voluntary sector to pay for it!

It's worse than that I'm afraid. Well worse.

Don't be fooled by the idea that charities and voluntary workers will fill the gaps. They're not there for that. The real big contracts will go to private firms in order to make more profits for the fat cats. Despite being starved of resources the charity and voluntary sector are there to take the kicking when local society falls apart - after all it was them that the services were entrusted to, not the government. Private firms will deliver poor services, the voluntary sector will be there to take all the criticism.

And when it falls apart, it will be all YOUR fault because you are part of the big society that conveniently took responsibility away from the government. For the average person it is hard to comprehend how this would shape up in an environment of savage cost cutting but this would touch every aspect of people's lives.

It's worse than that I'm afraid. Well worse.

Don't be fooled by the idea that charities and voluntary workers will fill the gaps. They're not there for that. The real big contracts will go to private firms in order to make more profits for the fat cats. Despite being starved of resources the charity and voluntary sector are there to take the kicking when local society falls apart - after all it was them that the services were entrusted to, not the government. Private firms will deliver poor services, the voluntary sector will be there to take all the criticism.

And when it falls apart, it will be all YOUR fault because you are part of the big society that conveniently took responsibility away from the government. For the average person it is hard to comprehend how this would shape up in an environment of savage cost cutting but this would touch every aspect of people's lives.

Hear,hear.

It was just a smokescreen so whilst we weren't looking he and his rich pals would be siphoning the tank!

My goodness you really should brush that family sized bag of McCains off your shoulder.

Rich pals? Lord Mandy hangs out with the Rothschild family for crying out loud (LINK). A family who's net worth is estimated at $500 trillion (yep, trillion). LINK

My goodness you really should brush that family sized bag of McCains off your shoulder.

Rich pals? Lord Mandy hangs out with the Rothschild family for crying out loud (LINK). A family who's net worth is estimated at $500 trillion (yep, trillion). LINK

lord mandy is my favourite, the sleaziest man on television and a rich toff in a party that claims to be that of the "working man"-brilliant

Archived